B4J Question What can stop Breakpoints?

Dogbonesix

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have three laptops one old using ver 8.9, one not as old using ver 9.4 and one 2 days old also using ver 9.4. The old one will use breakpoints just fine the others always ignore any breakpoint(s). I copied the working copy using a SD drive to the other laptops still have the breakpoint issue. I tried a 8.9 beta version on one of newer laptops - breakpoints still do not work. I cleaned the project - same problem. On the newest laptop the breakpoints worked for a bit they have not worked since. The breakpoints work in B4A for what it is worth. This is very frustrating - Any thoughts appreciated.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think this is unlikely to be due to the operating system or versions of B4J (they have always worked perfectly).

It happens in some cases; mainly in Resumable routines.

Does it happen to you even with a single breakpoint in a very short routine, better if it were a Button1_Click?

Have you tried multiple projects?

Upvote 0

Dogbonesix

Licensed User
Longtime User
I only have one B4J project but I have some very early versions. But I think I have tried them and the same problem - let me check.

Upvote 0

Dogbonesix

Licensed User
Longtime User
I keep copies of the project and even one 3 months old has the same problem. How can the exact same copy on one computer work fine and the other computers will not. I thought I knew what a resumable routine was but a further explanation might help.

Upvote 0

Dogbonesix

Licensed User
Longtime User
I cleaned the project and the breakpoints worked ONCE! Then I made a cold start, cleaned the project and it has worked twice. I'm going to try a few more times.

Upvote 0

Dogbonesix

Licensed User
Longtime User
It has worked three times. It is easy... Just clean the project. Do a cold boot. Clean the project again. Run debug fix your errors. So far, I not confident this a good the solution.

Upvote 0