What happens to your source code if you die?

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@Beja : don't worry, b4x will be in heaven too...look at the company's name --》Anywhere Software!

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
All these fun topics, made me think of at least one new app (really, I have many ideas for new apps every 5 minutes, probably because I dream too much when I'm awake :D).

One touch testament (if you see "the car" too late, touch this button :p)

Then, the testament you prepared will be send to.... or other similar stuff :)

I can imagine hundreds of millions of... downloads? No, of adjurations and insults :p
No low ratings in case of bugs :D

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The big problem we should also worry about is when comet halley hits Earth.. Who's responsible for our license records on b4x servers if they are destroyed?

Reviewnow

Licensed User
Longtime User
Create A digital vault on cd put in in safety deposit box, leave instructions in your will
could pay for your funeral expenses ? how morbid...

Lahksman

Licensed User
Longtime User
In my case nothing will happen with my source codes for 2 reasons.
  1. My code isn't worth anything and for the most part badly written
  2. I plan on living for another 40 or so years, so everything I write in the next few years will be obsolete by then.

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
Longtime User
Anyway, just to do something, you (all) should write a will in which I am the only heir :p

and if you are rich, remember that life is horrible :D
Yes . Please prepare to pay our debts :p
No problem, do note that i'm about 170.000€ in debt (bought a house) :p
I think he will try to die as soon as possible :D

giga

Licensed User
Longtime User
@KMatle In the future we won't be here. We will be programming in outer space http://www.virgingalactic.com/

Maybe....

Mars (There will be some COOL programming here). Hey my pc doesn't run hot anymore!
Venus (Will be the next HOT bed for programming). I hope they have WIFI I'll be on the move ALOT! ===;)
Saturn (Multi ----Cloud computing)

Erel is always thinking ahead. Has he made preparations for this?:D
Also not a legal expert but is "Anywhere Software" licensed for use in Venus or intergalactic?

freedom2000

Licensed User
Longtime User
All these fun topics, made me think of at least one new app (really, I have many ideas for new apps every 5 minutes, probably because I dream too much when I'm awake :D).

One touch testament (if you see "the car" too late, touch this button :p)

Then, the testament you prepared will be send to.... or other similar stuff :)

I can imagine hundreds of millions of... downloads? No, of adjurations and insults :p

I have already this App (almost !)

And almost hundreds of millions of dowloads :cool:

Seriously, the app is there : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.free.julienGley.iTagAlarm

I just have to add the option to send the attached testament ... should be easy !

Any other good idea ?

BTW : funny discussion... and not yet clever suggestion to handle my codes post mortem

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
BTW : funny discussion... and not yet clever suggestion to handle my codes post mortem
Methods based on a "single-one-moment-action" can fail. The following silly idea can also fail, but it goes in the opposite sense
Put everything in a server running a B4J program and send every day a keep-alive message to this server. If it hasn't received your message for 3 consecutive days, it will automatically mail the password/instructions/whatever to the chosen person;)

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
Longtime User
@KMatle
Erel is always thinking ahead. Has he made preparations for this?:D
Also not a legal expert but is "Anywhere Software" licensed for use in Venus or intergalactic?
I think the name is part of such preparations :D

Methods based on a "single-one-moment-action" can fail. The following silly idea can also fail, but it goes in the opposite sense
Put everything in a server running a B4J program and send every day a keep-alive message to this server. If it hasn't received your message for 3 consecutive days, it will automatically mail the password/instructions/whatever to the chosen person;)
And if the chosen person is dead ? :p

freedom2000

Licensed User
Longtime User

I am sure to see my codes everywhere in the world with your method !

freedom2000

Licensed User
Longtime User
A better idea ?

Based on Jordi's principle but triggered if you don't unlock your smartphone in less than once per hour (minute ?) :confused:

giga

Licensed User
Longtime User