Android Question What is the character limit of BBScrollingLabel

Makumbi

Licensed User
Please how many characters are supported by BBScrollingLabel1 suppose i have a very long sentence what are the likely problems please help

MicroDrie

Licensed User
To quote the post B4A - Maximum Length of a String? there is no limit, however I remember that Erel wrote somewhere that the maximum literal string length was somewhere around 40K if I remember it. Incidentally, I think there is another limit to the amount of scrolling text: How much can a reader record and lose his attention to the scrolling text.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
To quote the post B4A - Maximum Length of a String? there is no limit, however I remember that Erel wrote somewhere that the maximum literal string length was somewhere around 40K if I remember it. Incidentally, I think there is another limit to the amount of scrolling text: How much can a reader record and lose his attention to the scrolling text.
This is not related here as the OP is asking about BBScrollingLabel where the limit is related to the bitmap maximum width. Note that strings do not have any limit other than the available memory (no 40k limit).

Upvote 0