Games What's everyone working on?

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
This forum sections a bit quiet, I know you lot are working on games! C'mon, tell us all what you're doing.

I'm working on a new space shooter after the success of my space invaders clones. Here's a preview shot:
gplus1164054065.jpg

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Games look very nice andy.

The movement of the ship (player) is not natural. To fast, to responsive. Try to make the movement with a small delay like you would connect a mouse joint to it.

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Try to make the movement with a small delay like you would connect a mouse joint to it.
What do you mean by "mouse joint"? I am going to limit the maximum movement speed of the ship, so it will accelerate towards my current finger position but not beyond a certain speed.
To see what I'm aiming for, try "Galaga Wars", or "1943 Air Strike"

An Schi

Licensed User
I'm working on a b4x forums app ;)
It will be tweaked for my personal use, cause i'm browsing the forum a lot while being on the train. But i will share the source here anyway, so everyone can make own tweaks. Basically it will be a big webview with additional features like autologin, bookmarks, favourites, entrance page etc. Aim is to make more of what the mobile version of the forum offers (again for my own benefit ;)).

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This weekend I have been exploring my old PC and found some abandoned projects and libraries. A couple of them still made some sense to me, and started to build an idea of a game. I plan to do a pseudo 3D (2.5D, 2.1D? I don't know) as a challenge... this will be my 'leisure' summer project if I don't get distracted by other things. The original plan is to do it without 3rd party game support libraries. Just a surfaceview, a looper thread with inline Java, and my rescued libs.:)

The idea consists in...
4189719.jpg

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I hope to finish soon my latest android app and fix all bugs. After that i can get back to game making. I want to make a game for a long time and that could be a good opportunity.

I think i will start with the ios version and then do an android version. Will see.

+/- time for the project 1 month :)

Last edited:

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
+/- time for the project 1 month :)

Good idea, for many reasons! The first being that most of the really popular games on mobile can be written in under a month. The second being that if your game does not do well, then you are de-motivated from the work you've lost and you'll already be half way through your next game.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What I really need is a level designer

sorry i still dont understand. you need a person to deign your levels? or an soft that can help you with it?
if you need a soft use TILED its super easy and lots of possibilities (you can use objects and get their values in libgdx)

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you need a person to deign your levels?
Yes, I mean, I can design them myself, but I need to unleash my creative side first.

if you need a soft use TILED
Thanks, but as you know, my engine has a built-in editor, so that's what I'll be using.

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
@andymc Your game looks good. What do you use to create it? is it a mobile game or B4J? LibGDX? Anyway, nice work. Please check out my screenshots for my game BallWorld in the Game developer forum :)

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks @ThRuST BallWorld looks good. It remind me of old games like Marble Madness and Spindizzy I used to play years ago. Very addictive games.
I've taken a small break from the Space shooter game to make a couple of simple games using shapes in LibGDX. I'm just finishing a game based around ketchapps game "stack" but just in 2D. Will do a simple Pong game and break out game next then release all the source code here. I've even opened a second developer account to publish simpler games.