When did this happen???

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm offline for a couple of days and this happens, the same thing happened a few months ago then the whole forum style was updated when I took a few days off.

I like it, I like it a lot Erel, it's a change for the better :)

1585614428553.png

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Build Apps, Build Ideas, Build the Feature..B4X, Best For Everyting!

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Wow!!

I hadn't seen it, but on Sundays the website was offline for a few moments...

Probably that was the moment.

Come on Peter, so updates always happen when you're not looking at?
Like in a crime novel, you're the main suspicious then. Where was you on the Sundays evening of 2020/03/29?

Last edited:

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
WOW ! WOW !!
I always read from rss feed or from email notification and always jump to message thread, never go to main B4X page.
Now I will always jump to main page just to see the big inspiration!!

Yes it really gives a boost to B4X name.
Seems the American contributor is really a professional one. All the best to Erel and them. 👍

Regards,

Anand

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah, it looks nice and I don't want to rain on anyones parade, but I thought I should mention it looks like this if one have a large screen:
1585646550190.png

In all fairness, this is super common for sites with this web design and a top image like that to get it cut off in a non-desired way. It's not like it's extra bad here. (It's very common that I go to a site and instead of seeing a diverse group of people being overly happy about some product, I see a bunch of foreheads. :) ) It should be noted that this didn't happen with the previous frontpage, as far as I could notice anyway.

And for the curious: I'm using a monitor with the glorious size of 3840x2160: the Dell P4317Q, I can strongly recommend it, even though some sites tend to look weird.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It's absolutely amazing how much more productive one can be with more screen real estate. I typically have the B4A project on one side of the screen (with dark theme) and the B4i project on the other side of the screen (light theme) so that I can see them both and quickly jump between them.

I'm familiar with the layout you posted. I did try to make it look reasonable on the more common resolutions.
Ok, well, as long as you're aware. Final comment then: In many cases this wouldn't be possible (you know, where there's photo of happy people etc), but as your image basically is gray with a blue line and lightbulb, it would most likely be possible for someone knowledgeable in css to fix it so it can look like this:
1585647746204.png

BTW, use dell manager to split the screen into several regions
Thanks, but I'm running Windows LTSC (btw, most acceptable version of Windows that I've ever used) and try super hard to limit the number of things I install. (It helps that the Windows box is only used for B4X. My other work is all done on Linux, and there I use a window manager that handles the splitting.)

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
overhere with firefox those NASA/ADOBE/... logo's are stacked on top of each other and are over stretched.

the Apple/Android/Arduino/Java logo's look blurry from being overscaled.

in some of the product pages the images are way too big because of the width:100% styling.
you can use max-width to prevent over scaling or put it in a 3 cell grid layout for tablet/desktop.

edit: first problem can be solved with this

B4X:
#companies img {
    height: 25px;
    padding-right: 15px;
    width: auto;  /* <-- this is missing and lost somewhere */
}

William Lancee

Licensed User
Longtime User
I like it too, especially the clever suggestions of @alwaysbusy and @udg, my suggestion...

B4X - Build Ideas, Build the Future, Best 4 Everything!

(On my 2560x1440 screen and full screen Edge browser, the logos are stacked and the image gets cuts cut off with zooming with Ctrl middle mouse button.)