B4R Question Where are the Examples ???

ChocoScope

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi. I have just begun to play with Arduino (late starter) and got the B4R new software having used B4A for a while. Trying to get up some examples from File/Open Source/Examples/01.Basics/Blink and there are no .B4r files in that folder. Please can you tell me what I need to do to get them. I have used the installed Arduino program on its own and it works fine. Blinks and all !

ChocoScope

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for your prompt reply. I have seen your many useful examples, but under the "open source" heading it is looking for .b4r files. In one of your tutorials, you suggest opening the "01.Basics/Blink" file, which suggests that it is available from the b4r program. So unless you have generated your own b4r files or copied and saved them from individual examples, the search files will be empty. Is this correct?

Upvote 0

ChocoScope

Licensed User
Longtime User
Under the B4R IDE ... "File" ... "Open Source". It automatically goes to the Arduino folder. I can see that this is of no use for b4r files, but it is misleading. Is the only way to open the b4r blink example, to copy and paste the tutorial listing into a new program? Obviously the blink program in itself is not important, but the concept of opening a tutorial example to include part of it in your own program is.

Upvote 0

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Instead of the IDE, did you try to open the file directly by double-clicking on it and then let it invoke the IDE? e.g. you go to folder and double-click on [example.b4r] without running b4r

Upvote 0