DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

B4JExplorer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Of course I did the search on the forum first. But the main place where the link should be, is not there. At least not where I can see it. And I looked at a few other results, although not every one of them. And there's no link, at least not that I can see.

So e.g. the first result is here:

- Download POI dependencies and put them in the additional libraries folder: www.b4x.com/b4j/files/poi5_dependencies.zip
- Download XLUtils. It includes the updated jPOI. Put them in the additional libraries as well.

The above has the link to the dependencies, but no link to the XLUtils.

What am I doing wrong? Can someone either forward the specific page that has the link, or the link itself?

Upvote 0

B4JExplorer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, I tried just copying the .b4xlib file to the AdditionalLibraries folder where the poi and other libraries are.

I think everything's ok. The Example.zip doesn't finish compiling, because it's looking for something in the C:\PERSON~2\B4J\Share Files\ folder, which it can't find.

I tried searching for PERSON in the project, but the quick search box doesn't seem to accept any string. <Ctrl-F> opens the Quick Search box, but it doesn't accept any input.

Anyway, I should be able to tweak this to work with my spreadsheet, thanks.

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not familiar with the b4xlib extension.

Have a read; it's really powerful.

Upvote 0

B4JExplorer

Licensed User
Longtime User

Have a read; it's really powerful.
Thanks udg,

But I already read most of it. What I didn't catch the first time around was "b4x libraries appear like all other libraries in the Libraries tab."

Anyway, it's not that relevant to my problem, because XLUtils won't compile in console mode.

Reactions: udg
Upvote 0

B4JExplorer

Licensed User
Longtime User
We're going to do this in Groovy. But let me provide a little context, for future developers looking to generate excel spreadsheets, and who are curious about the requirements.

I wrote a VBScript routine about a year ago, that takes in a .tsv tab delimited file ; converts it to xlsx ; does some formatting including a greenbar appearance and filters ; then emails the spreadsheet to a client from Monday through Friday. A batch file calls the vbscript, and the batch file is in a loop that runs before 7 every morning.

It's been working fine. Completely stable.

The problem is, that we want this to run on a server which does NOT contain Microsoft Office. The VBScript is dependent on the Excel.Application object which in turn is dependent on Excel, and so we're looking at alternatives that don't require it.

Upvote 0