B4J Question Where is the B4X....ini file located?

B4JExplorer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I'm creating a portable version of B4J for a virtual machine.

I copied the Java 8 jdk and b4j to c:\b4j on the virtual machine. I then configured the paths for java and the additional libraries folder.

It works fine. But I can't locate the .INI file that contains all of the configuration items.

According to

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4j-deployment-without-installation.59035/

, that B4J version at the time had a file b4*.ini, and it was located in the ..\AppData\Roaming\Anywhere Software\B4J folder. But I don't see such a folder, and performed a global search for B4*.ini. The search includes the hidden folders and files.

But I can't locate that file, or the B4J subfolder within appdata.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Anywhere Software

Upvote 0

B4JExplorer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Don,

Thanks, but I'm using Total Commander, DisplayHiddenFiles = True, and can already see the Appdata folder. I can see c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft. But there's no Anywhere Software in there.

Edit: Solution - I copied the b4xV5.ini file from an installation on another PC, to the Virtual Drive after modifying it manually to mirror the folders.

My guess is that the problem has to do with the Virtual Environment.

Either way, problem solved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

B4JExplorer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Don,

I'm telling you, it's not there, on my virtual drive. But the workaround is to copy the .ini file from another PC, configure that file manually, and save it for each time we initiate the VDI.

Everything's good, thanks.

Upvote 0