Wish WiFi - TCP/IP Library for ESP32

Tron71

Licensed User
The latest firmware for the ESP32/WROOM32 adds many new possibilities over the ESP8266. e.g. being able to specify DNS servers.

Are there any plans to provide a library for this?

I'd be happy to make a donation towards the development :)

Thanks,

M.

Tron71

Licensed User
Hi Erel,

There is so much more in the ESP32 that it's impossible to choose a specific feature. My main requirements are for full access to as much of the WiFi, Classic Bluetooth and BLE features of the ESP32. Firmware released for the ESP32 provides full support for Bluetooth, both classic and LE and better WiFi configurability. Libraries are now available in Arduino for BT and WiFi and it would be great if we could take advantage of these.

My C is very poor so doing everything I need through inline C would probably take me for ever.

Thanks,

M.

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

There is so much more in the ESP32 that it's impossible to choose a specific feature. My main requirements are for full access to as much of the WiFi, Classic Bluetooth and BLE features of the ESP32. Firmware released for the ESP32 provides full support for Bluetooth, both classic and LE and better WiFi configurability. Libraries are now available in Arduino for BT and WiFi and it would be great if we could take advantage of these.

My C is very poor so doing everything I need through inline C would probably take me for ever.

Thanks,

M.

Actually using inline C is extremely easy. Just look at some of the examples in the B4R part of the forum, and you will soon realise just how easy inline C is to implement and use in your project...

Tron71

Licensed User
The driver for me to use B4R is using the Basic Language syntax. Adding layers of C will complicate debugging but maybe this is the only way... Hopefully not!

The current WiFi, BLE and Classic BT libraries are only capable of limited number of features. With the later Firmware of the ESP8266 and ESP32 many additional options were added but are not available within the libraries. e.g. DNS configuration, Mode switching, RSSI levels, Initiating Classic BT connections, BLE scanning and many more.