B4J Question windows 10 screen scale factor differences : jdk-11.0.1 vs jdk-1.8.0_111

a n g l o

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi,
i'm running b4j ide latest version on windows 10 64bit with screen scale factor set to 135%.
i've the 2 above jdk versions on the machine, and the differences found made when switching between them in the configured paths entry in the ide.
the same behavior occures when running debug from ide or from running a released built jar or an executable.
all gui was placed in the designer without a single line of code.

it seems to me that :
jdk-1.8.0_111 simply ignores the screen scale factor. both on 100% or 135% you get exactly the same visual result on screen when running.
however, jdk-11.0.1 treat the design as if was designed on 100% scale, and when running it (on same machine, same scale, even from the ide), it takes
into consideration the 135% scale and enlarges everything accordingly.....

now, i'm not saying it's a bug or something wrong somewhere. but that's surly a different approach, and i'm confused how to work.
naturally i'd like to work with a later version (11), but i can't work on 100% screen scale....that means that i should design everything much smaller to get
the desired result when running (on my 135% screen). But, then - when distributed to machine with 100% setting it will be so small.....

is there a way to direct jdk-11 to ignore the scaling factor too ? or to point somewhere that the current design fits say 120% (compromise) ?

i'll be glad if someone will show me that i'm missing something.....Thank you

%

a n g l o

Licensed User
Longtime User
agraham, no need for that. you already have my test project (start new b4j gui project, run it as is)......
here are the 2 different pictures i get just when switching java version, what means that they not treating the scale factor (135% here) the same way.

Attachments

• big.jpg
    big.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 172
  • small.jpg
    small.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 178
Upvote 0

a n g l o

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, running with 'false' it does.
running with 'true' gives the large form as without that line.
Thank you, Erel !

Upvote 0

a n g l o

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks again !
checked that = OK.

1 additional thing that just poped up while at it - when using those lines -
the Msgboxes text becomes very (VERY) small. both fx and xui.
but that's for every one to decide. making own msgBox is easy.

Upvote 0