Wish List: The perfection of Erel's Live Wallpaper Library

Highwinder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel's amazing new Live Wallpaper library is fantastic. Well done! :sign0008::sign0162::wav::sign0060::icon_clap:

It would be totally understandable if Erel got this library out the door in a hurry due to all my annoying whining. Heh

However, now that' it's out, it would be even more fantastic if the next update to B4A could be to fully manage the manifest file completely so the developer doesn't have to hassle with the additional XML file management, such as placement, editing, permissions, etc. when a Live Wallpaper project is created.

My logic: After all, B4A already (and wonderfully) manages everything else in the manifest for the entire project, right? Let's just include Live Wallpaper to that list.

Proposal:

First, the Live Wallpaper library needs to be added to B4A as an included library, much along the same lines as the other libraries already are (like GPS, audio, etc).

When the Live Wallpaper library is added to a project, it would be cool if the proper additional service code would be inserted into the manifest file, the manifest would be updated to reflect proper/required API (7), a WallpaperService module would be automatically popped into the project, and the wallpaper.xml file would be automatically copied to the right folder and both XML files marked as read-only.

Also (fairly important): The necessary additional wallpaper.xml file that is required for any LWP project isn't even included in the Live Wallpaper library download - it is only obtainable by downloading the additional example projects Erel provides in the tutorial (thank you, Erel, for ensuring it was provided, however).

The full management of the XML files by B4A, as close as B4A already is to this, would be absolutely incredible.

What a selling point "no touchy xml" would be (hint hint). :D

- Highwinder

Last edited:

NeoTechni

Licensed User
Longtime User
Eral has said he will add automatic XML handling in the future.

First, the Live Wallpaper library needs to be added to B4A as an included library, much along the same lines as the other libraries already are (like GPS, audio, etc).

I'd say EVERY library should be included if you're going to include any.

But he said he will also make an auto-updater in the future. So we'll be able to download libraries directly from the program instead of hunting them down on the forum and installing them ourselves.

Highwinder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Outstanding!

Auto-updating and library management was one of my previous requests, so this is exciting news. To hear that XML file handling is going to be further enhanced is even better. :D

- Highwinder