WISH: Visual Studio Extension

Cynikal

Licensed User
Longtime User
Disclaimer: No offense to the UI, or the programming.

Could it be EASILY achieved to possibly make the B4A into a Visual Studio extension?

Visual Studio 2010 has a more fluid intellisense... capitalizations are made automatically, etc.

Besides, it would be nice to use a IDE I am very efficient in.

rleiman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, Please

Yes please add that into Visual Studio.

It would make this super platform for Android "The Ultimate" development platform for Android :cool:

kickaha

Licensed User
Longtime User
So, we would ALL need to buy visual studio in order to accomodate people who cannot work in more than one environment?:sign0084:

evilpaw

Licensed User
Longtime User
So, we would ALL need to buy visual studio in order to accomodate people who cannot work in more than one environment?:sign0084:

Not really. People can still use the current IDE. But for those of us who use Visual studio day in day ,day out, it would be good to have such a addin.

I think it would be a great addition to already powerful dev environment.

:)

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Instead, how about telling Erel what you think is missing in B4A IDE compared to Visual Studio and he will add those features.

Integrating an addin into Visual Studio does not sound like a good idea to me, because then people will demand integration with VS Designer, Object views etc etc...the support required for that will be too large, and almost impossible since VS is not open source.

rgately

Licensed User
Longtime User
I like that B4A is compact, straight-forward, stand-alone, familiar and easy to use. Visual Studio feels overwhelmingly large and complex by comparison. It does seem that there would be a market opportunity for a VB4Android plugin for Visual Studio - I don't have an opinion about that. I'm just satisfied to be using B4A as it already is.

Last edited:

NeoTechni

Licensed User
Longtime User
I dont think its possible. They do use different syntax.

It seems like it'd involve a LOT of work that'd take him time away from more pressing issues

nicholas.jj.taylor

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would also like to see this too.

Those interested in a VS plugin will be those that run Visual Studio already, and with Visual Studio costing a lot of money, you can therefore assume that the people using the tool can afford to pay a lot of money.

I say make the plugin and then sell it for a high price.

B4A should cost more anyway.

netchicken

Licensed User
Longtime User
But for a quirk of fate we might have all been using VS anyway. When Google was developing Android they nearly used C# instead of Java, but there happened to be more Java developers in their organization.

I think Erels done a fine job with B4A.

yttrium

Licensed User
Longtime User
But for a quirk of fate we might have all been using VS anyway. When Google was developing Android they nearly used C# instead of Java, but there happened to be more Java developers in their organization.

I think Erels done a fine job with B4A.

Why would they have used C#, a proprietary language that outputs to MSIL, which only runs in .NET on an NT-based system?

There is no way they were designing a mobile OS in cooperation with Microsoft. Sorry, but that just seems unrealistic. Keep in mind that Mono was awful when Android was being developed.