Wish

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm guessing @Alexander Stolte is trying to illustrate that :( is the dislike button.

1620046593337.png

Hovering over it, the forum informs us it's meant to mean "sad", which isn't really the same as "dislike".

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think we can use laugh 😂 if we dislike or use emoticons dislike 👎🏻
Neither one of those are available in the "Like"-function in the forum software. To use them we need to actually post a message, which tends to make forum threads that are long as an elephant's trunk, filled with "Me too!!!!11!!!" and the like. The beauty of the "Like"-function, and the reactions therein, is that they don't contaminate the thread with low-content posts.

omarruben

Licensed User
Longtime User
Every developer learns early on the road .... you will find people that is not like you... But you have to like them.... Why to get down because of that? No thank you.. be happy and spread light to absolutely everybody , no need of dislike button...

Unobtainius

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think angry conveys a close enough representation of dislike
If you dislike a post enough that you want to mark it with dislike, at least an angry emoji lets the poster know they may need to speak with you get a better understanding what your problem is with the post.
This is a forum so if it doesn't warrant further discussion, then why bother putting anything at all?