wish

tremara1

Licensed User
Longtime User
I know this is probably due a little bit to bad code practices, something that has not been covered a lot, maybe someone who is good at layout of code could help with this in a tutorial. My current approach is to get it running then go through and 'tidy' the code with tabs and comments and removing surplus code to get it looking neat.
In the meantime is there any chance of adding a way to check if declared variables and views are actually used in the code it. There is already a check if variables are not declared, I need to check the other way. My code and layouts are always changing and it is easy to forget to remove unused declarations. I check manually from time to time but in complex apps this can be very time consuming. Thanks.....

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My current approach is to get it running then go through and 'tidy' the code with tabs and comments and removing surplus code to get it looking neat.
We all have our own habits.
Some of my habits, I :
- use meaningful names.
- use identatation directly when coding, I set the Tab size to 2.
- add empty lines to separate code functions.
- split long routines in smaller ones.

Some others, not really my habits :
- add comments
- use the Region feature of the IDE

In the meantime is there any chance of adding a way to check if declared variables and views are actually used in the code it.
This feature already exists. If you select a variable or any word it is highlighted in dark blue and all other occurences are highlighted in light blue and you'll see in the right scrollbar a small light blue line to find all the other occurences in the code.
So if you select a variable and you don't see any blue line in the scrollbar means that the selected variable (word) is never used.
Have a look at the Beginner's Guide chapter Highlighting occurences of words page 62.

Best regards.

tremara1

Licensed User
Longtime User
Worth the price

This why this product is worth every penny, thanks guys.....