Working on a new Game (iOS)

Discussion in 'Game Development' started by ilan, Jan 28, 2018.

1. ilan

ilan Expert Licensed User

Rapid Cube

i am planning to add about 100 levels. i will use iTiled to make it easier and also iAtlas (if needed).

the game mechanic is very simple. you are a rect that needs to get from one side of the screen to the other side by avoiding all obstacles. if you touch one you explode!

there is a lot work to do i have started only today and that's what i have already managed to do.
    although there is a little issue that i hope @JanPRO will solve. iSpritekit does not support multitouch and i would like to have multitouch where i can hit the run button and also the jump button simultaneously.

Spritekit support that features unfortunately iSpritkit not. it should not be too hard to add it (i guess) so i will keep working on it and hope iSpritekit will get updated soon :)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    JanPRO, inakigarm, alwaysbusy and 4 others like this.
  2. melonZgz

melonZgz Active Member Licensed User

That looks great ilan!!

3. ilan

Thank you :)

I am making great progress, i will publish soon a new video. I am creating new libs for ispritekit to use it like i did with libgdx and box2d. I really enjoy working with ispritekit. Its awesome and simple.

andymc likes this.
  4. andymc

andymc Well-Known Member Licensed User

So will that make it easier for you to port from iOS to Android ?

5. ilan

No it will not. Spritekit logic is different then libgdx. If i will port it to android i will need to create everything from 0 although some modules may be useable and also tiled files for the levels. Only what is code related needs to be redone for android.

But it is not a very complex game so making it for android using libgdx and box2d should take about 10-14 days (working nights only)

And i am talking about 50-60 levels for the beginning and more can follow in the future. (This include menu screen, level screen, game screen, hiscore table,.. so a full game)

I am planning to make it a puzzle and arcade game so u will also need to solve puzzle to get from left side of the screen to the right side. Like one level will give a hint (as a text) like "to bright in here" and u will need to low your screen brightness to make hidden obstacles visible. This is just 1 example. Another is you will have a level that is impossible to complete and only if u will rotate your phone you will change gravity and u will go on the roof and pass the level like this. I still need to think of the hint text for that level :confused:

It will be a fun time killer but i already see that it will be waste of time for increasing income for my apps.

I like to make games but they just dont earn me anything.

Space defender - ultimate was done really well in my opinion but it is getting maybe 1 install per week :(:(:(

If i would not enjoy making games i would not do it.

JanPRO likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice