Games lunar lander game

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah, I know that starting projects before finishing others is a bad habit, and more when I have almost no free time, but I just was testing some box2d things and... I have something to show!

This one isn't using tilting controls, touch left side of the screen to turn left and right side to turn right, touch both and go straight.
Anyway, I think first I will finish the platformer and the basketball game before getting deeper into this one...

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I thought the ufo game was already based on lunar lander? :)

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I thought the ufo game was already based on lunar lander? :)
yep, both games have a similar concept, but a very diferent approach. UFO game is more an arcade game, and this one will be more a simulation game. Gravity here is low, and you'll have to execute perfect landings, otherwise the rocket will be damaged.
Take a look at this game, as it gave me the idea:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.puppetbox.lunarmission&hl=es
BTW, it's a great game, I'm surprised it doesn't have more downloads...

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you'll have to execute perfect landings, otherwise the rocket will be damaged
Like Schiaparelli did :D

BTW, it's a great game, I'm surprised it doesn't have more downloads...
Well, we don't know if 100,000 - 500,000 are few downloads, because we don't know when the app was published. Also, 300,000 downloads (average) are not so bad, today. Anyway, I fear that uninstalls are many.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Take a look at this game, as it gave me the idea:

actually the idea is pretty ancient and I saw it passing by in the arcades in the late 70s or early 80s as vector like game.

still a cool game and it has evolved from/on every system that ever came out.