Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Good morning all,
As some of you guys n gals already know, I have built a couple of Matts creations, but my question to you today is extremely simple.

Would you build a PC like this, what are your thoughts on it, watch this video and ask yourself that question???

Just like other creations from Matt, this looks absolutely fabulous and I personally like the wood and aluminium finish with the rope filling the gaps, but do you like it?

I also like the fact that whenever Matt builds something that uses fans, he always finds a nice looking way to replace the noisy fans with something almost completely quiet and just as effecient.

Enjoy...

Last edited:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Good morning all,
As some of you guys n gals already know, I have built a couple of Matts creations, but my question to you today is extremely simple.

Would you build a PC like this, what are your thoughts on it, watch this video and ask yourself that question???

The simple answer is...
If, as he, I was offered the most expensive parts for free, yes, I would.

I have also subscribed his channel a while ago and love his creations.
But they have became way too expensive for a DIY way of making things.
For me, and I believe most, DIY projects mean " i can get the same machine I saw on the store for half it'
Price if I built it myself".
If I am to pay far more for a DIY than I would for an off-the-shelf project, It really has to prove it' value to me.
A PC is not something I would spend more than 500$ nowadays building, simply because in less than 6 moths time it will be considered "old".

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It reminds me of a PC a designed back in 1984 made of fine woods and silver, really stilish. Intented audience, top (very top) managers who may not appreciate those plastic boxes taking space on our desks..
ps: designed but never assembled .. sigh!

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
2 terabytes memory on SSD!
They didn't give us this. Shouldn't be in the exam ☺

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
upload_2018-4-5_15-1-15.png

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The simple answer is...
If, as he, I was offered the most expensive parts for free, yes, I would.

I have also subscribed his channel a while ago and love his creations.
But they have became way too expensive for a DIY way of making things.
For me, and I believe most, DIY projects mean " i can get the same machine I saw on the store for half it'
Price if I built it myself".
If I am to pay far more for a DIY than I would for an off-the-shelf project, It really has to prove it' value to me.
A PC is not something I would spend more than 500$ nowadays building, simply because in less than 6 moths time it will be considered "old".

You are 100% correct. AlI I know is that the processor costs about £300, and that's just for starters.

Lately Matt has been creating more and more elaborate DIY projects, it would be nice if he could get back to doing more cheaper DIY projects by recycling used things like he did previously.

Actually I've read somewhere that he has now left his full time job and is concentrating on his YouTube channel, this I find hard to believe as his line of work pays really well. I suppose that Matt's way of looking at it is that any free parts for projects would definitely come in handy for him to save money. All he has to do is mention the company that gave him the components for free a couple of times. So if you mention intel (or the supplier who gave you the processor for free) twice for 10 seconds per time and flash there logo on the screen for a few seconds, that is definitely worth a free £300 processor, and then there are the other components too.

It's a good job, no actually it's a great job if you can do it.