Android Question xChart by Klaus version 4.8 error

Scantech

Licensed User
Longtime User
1.png

I was on Version 4.2 with xChart.b4xlib (works great) then upgraded the b4xlib to version 4.8. I get this error only with my project. Works ok with new project and xchart demo. I can't figure this out.

I did save the designer but did not change the component to the updated lib and left it alone.

Scantech

Licensed User
Longtime User
Try removing the xChart of the designer and adding it again
Thanks I will try that later on. That might fix the problem.

I did not remove it and add it because I thought saving the designer will update the property.

Maybe Erel can improve this issue. It gets annoying removing and adding components. Especially when there are many properties not needed to default and needs changing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Scantech

Licensed User
Longtime User
My xGauges library (xGaugesModified) uses xChart version 4.1 (xChartModified) and i don't feel like updating it as there are too many modifications. Why can't i use xChart 4.8 with my xGauge library (xGaugesModified.xml and xGaugesModified.jar) that use xChart 4.1 with name xChartModified?

1.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Scantech

Licensed User
Longtime User
After further investigation, the Class Global types are interfering with each other that have same variable name. The modules name are different from each other. This should not happen, right? A bug in b4a? I renamed the affected variable and the log error vanished. Which class will the b4a use??

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If I understand well, you are trying to use xChart 4.1 in your xChartModified library and you want to use xChart 4.8 in the same application.
The Type variables have changed between version 4.1 and version 4.8, I have added some more variables in some of the Type variables.

Upvote 0

Scantech

Licensed User
Longtime User
If I understand well, you are trying to use xChart 4.1 in your xChartModified library and you want to use xChart 4.8 in the same application.
The Type variables have changed between version 4.1 and version 4.8, I have added some more variables in some of the Type variables.
Xchart 4.1 is part of my xgauges used for gauge display and there are some modifications. The xchart 4.8 is being used 100 percent codes with no modifications and for data log viewing and using b4x library instead of class. Both of them are for my one particular app

Last edited:
Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, but you don't really answer my question.
You have xChart 4.1 and xChart 4.8 in the same application, yes or no.
From what I understand you have both, and that's the problem confirmed by Erel.
You could still use xChart 4.1 in the rest of your application, if you don't want to update your library.

Upvote 0

Scantech

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, but you don't really answer my question.
You have xChart 4.1 and xChart 4.8 in the same application, yes or no.
From what I understand you have both, and that's the problem confirmed by Erel.
You could still use xChart 4.1 in the rest of your application, if you don't want to update your library.
I stated yes in the above thread but it is a no. No. I'm using 4.1 only and is still good for me and sticking with that version. I tried using 4.8 for data viewer and came up with this error.

However, migrating 4.8 is simply done by renaming 3 type variables in 4.1.

Upvote 0