Android Question xCLV hierarchical

johnmie

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've been looking high and low for an example to use XUI to create an hierarchical view where you'd click on the + sign to open a second or third list below to select items from, similar to a directory listing. Is this possible and, in the affirmative, are there examples available?
Thanks for your help, john m.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

johnmie

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for this. I've tried that one before, but how can I put another scrollable/selectable list in the extended part?
I also looked under animated, extendable and nested, found several examples but am still struggling.
PS have successfully used ULV, but now I am trying to develop both for Android and iOS hoping to be able to reuse most of the code.

Upvote 0

johnmie

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Erel. It all depends on how complicated.
My first list will show 17 food categories in level 1 and up to 400 food items (with2-5 columns) in level 2.
My history and favorites lists will show dates in level 1, items or groups in level 2 and, if a group is selected, sub-items in level 3.
The second and third level would be a table of varying length.
I could pack the categories into a dropdown list, but this still leaves me 2 levels in the history and favorite list.

Come to think of this while writing, maybe this is what I should try first.

When the user selects an item he can enter the weight (or read it from a connected kitchen scale) and see all nutrition values and share these with their doctor or nutritionist. Monitoring such values over time is especially important for patients with diabetes, renal insufficiency or other illnesses.
If you like I can send you a copy of the PC prototype which I am now trying to rework for mobile devices.
Best, john m.

Upvote 0