B4J Question xCLV - show multiline text

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
one of the items for the panel to be added to an xCKV is some long text.
I tried with Label, B4xView, B4XTextFloatField but none seems to be right to accomodate my needs.

B4XTFT let me set the "Multiline" property and shows ok, but it makes the field editable rather than read-only. Setting the Enabled propertyy to False (tried both, for the whole componente and its TextFiled part) the standard gey-out style makes it difficult to read my text.

Label - it shows trailing ellipsis (even if the label height is large enough to accomodate two or more lines

B4XView works like a Label in this context.

So, what do you use to accomplish the fiollowing:
- show long text on a few lines
- set it to be read-only
- set background and foreground colors
- align text as LEFT-TOP
- be multi-platform (this ain't that important since I doubt I'll need a mobile version)

Thank you

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you, Erel.
I like the idea of the Panel to which add other views (in this case just another label).
One question though: the panel initially will have the right height to fully accomodate my text (thanks to the inner workings of AddTextItem). Now, if I add a second label below the first one it will be easy to resize the original panel. But what if I wish to place the second label side by side with the first one? Sounds too complicated, or am I wrong?

B4XView is not a view by itself.
Sure. i cited it just to highlight there's not a read-only property available.

Upvote 0