Android Question xCustomListView "Collapse" invisible rows

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have created an xcustomlistview and populated it with panels containing buttons, radio, edittexts, etc.
When I for example, click a radio button, my app scans all the following "rows" of panels and makes some of the panels' contents .visible = false.
When the panel contains only invisible items, I would like to "hide" the entire row within the xcustomlistview. I do not want to delete it, merely make it not visible so that the item containing the radio box mentioned, still shows, but all the hidden items below don't appear...subsequently, the next VISIBLE item in the xcustomlistview shows immediately after the checked radio box panel (row).
Row 1 - radio button checked
Row 2 - hidden due to the radio button being checked
Row 3 - hidden due to the radio button being checked
Row 4 - visible
In the above quote, the user would not even know row 2 and row 3 exist. If they had checked a different radio button, rows 2 and 3 might show.
I can make the contents of the xcustomlistview "row" invisible, but would like to be able to "compress" the view of the xclv to not show the rows with invisible contents. So they would see this: (Even though rows 2 and 3 still exist within the xclv)
Row 1 - radio button checked
Row 4 - visible
Thanks,
Rusty

Last edited:

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel,
How do I "hide the inner views"?
Rusty

update: never mind, I think you are referring to my "hiding" of views...

Last edited:
Upvote 0