Android Question xCustomListView Events

Marco Maria Vilucchi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
I'm using xCuxtomListView to create a list view and I'm using the ReachEnd event to update the list with possible new items.
But if Listview height is less than screen height the Reachview Event dosen't start.
This is the case where I have only one item or two.
How can i use ReachEnd event in this case? Or witch event can I use?
Thanks
Marco

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
if u not use the source of this xCuxtomListView because it comes as library with the ide as workaround
i would add dummy entries.

or u need make a feature request / wish.

or try gesture library.

or extra button.

or maybe other events are raised from this control, but i don't think so.

Upvote 0

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
i looked into source code of customlistview i had from xcustomlistview.zip here https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...listview-cross-platform-customlistview.84501/
emm, the scrollview have only the ScrollChanged event.. and did not raised if the list is smaller than the screen.
the other events seems only happen for each existing item, so not in the blank area.

so at least you can add empty items that will raise your ReachEnd
or add one item at the end with text "update list" and you get a ItemClick event and there you can do whatever you like.

Upvote 0

Marco Maria Vilucchi

Licensed User
Longtime User
when I use ReachEnd I need to add new items after last item without recreate all the list. So I can't fill the list with blank items enough to make it scrollable, otherwise i'll put new item after all blank items used previously to fill list.
I think I need to use a button to refresh.....

Upvote 0