iOS Question Your APNs Production Mac Certificate will no longer be valid in 30 days

Martin Larsen

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have got a notice from Apple saying "Your APNs Production Mac Certificate will no longer be valid in 30 days. To generate a new certificate, sign in and visit Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles."

When I log in to my account I see the expiring certificate of type APNs Production Mac.

Ok, but how do I generate a new one? When I click the + button, I get a bunch of certificates to choose from. But none whose name match "APN production Mac" or similar.

I guess they just name them differently.

Which one should I choose?

aminoacid

Licensed User
Longtime User
You or someone else may have created that certificate by mistake. You can probably ignore that message unless you are also developing applications for the MAC.
If you are developing an iOS App then just click on the + sign and select "iOS Distribution". That's all you need.

Upvote 0

Martin Larsen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks. I am not developing for Mac. But could it be that the B4i cloud builder needs this certificate? I think there is a Mac somewhere in the backend?

Upvote 0

aminoacid

Licensed User
Longtime User
APN stands for Apple Push Notifications. So you probably have an App that uses Push Notifications. If that's the case then you can generate a new certificate by following this procedure:

Upvote 0

Martin Larsen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks.

I use Firebase for sending push notifications. So I guess the certificate is used for that.

What confused me is 1) why call it Mac Certificate? and 2) there is no way to create a new "APN Production Mac Certificate".

Correct naming is indeed important!

Upvote 0

aminoacid

Licensed User
Longtime User
What confused me is 1) why call it Mac Certificate? and 2) there is no way to create a new "APN Production Mac Certificate".

Correct naming is indeed important!
I think it's probably because the certificate can be used for MacOS and iOS applications and it was first used with MacOS

Upvote 0