Android Question Zipalign File

peggjones

Licensed User
Longtime User
Could anyone tell me where the compiler looks for Zipalign. I have spent 2 days trying to get the compiler to find it! I installed android 27 on a new computer. The compiler failed saying zipalign file not found. I copied zipalign to the same folder as android.jar. I thought that was where the compiler would look for it.
I have installed b4a on many computers over the years and not had this problem before!

Many Thanks

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html
Follow the instructions here to setup a new SDK. The old SdkManager does not work anymore. Use the B4A SKDManager to setup a new one.

Upvote 0

peggjones

Licensed User
Longtime User
I paid to upgrade to the latest version so that I could use the B4A sdk manager! I have no idea why it won't work.
I have downloaded everything more than once!

Upvote 0

peggjones

Licensed User
Longtime User
It's a shame that the compiler doesn't you where it's looking for the file. It would then be simple to put it there.

Upvote 0

peggjones

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes to both questions. The pity is that if I could find out where it should be I could put it there!

Do you happen to know if the file name is simply zipalign? It's not zipalign.exe or something?

Upvote 0

peggjones

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes I've found a file in there called zipalign not zipalign.exe. Unfortunately there is no android.jar file there so I can't set the android.jar path to it. I cannot understand how this could have happened!

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
When I click on screen shot nothing happens
The Screenshot is copied to the clipboard. Use Paint or any other Graphicssoftware to Paste the Image from the Clipboard.

Or use an Screenshot-tool

One example:
http://hyperionics.com/
Download Hypersnap and install it.

Upvote 0

peggjones

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is a copy of the compile error I got. In case that might help. I am no longer able to get as far the zipalign error.

B4A Version: 7.80
Parsing code. (0.24s)
Compiling code. (0.85s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.06s)
Organizing libraries. (0.01s)
Generating R file. Error
Cannot find: C:\Android\sdk-tools-windows-3859397\platform-tools\aapt.exe
Please configure paths (Tools - Configure Paths).

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
C:\Android\sdk-tools-windows-3859397\platform-tools\aapt.exe
in C:\Android\ only the folder tools should be at start.... So i guess you did not copied the content of the ZIP. You extracted the zip to a folder named like the zip and this folder you copied????

Upvote 0