I want to see success stories of B4a devs!

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i remember when i make a copy of flappy bird original, in 2:23 hours = 7832 downloads *-*
on the 2:25 i m banned of google play xD

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
I feel the smell of lies.

To earn $ 300/day with advertising, even though I do not know those kind of ads, users should be many tens of thousands/day.

Also, there is 30% for Google and the taxes.

Believe me or don't - I don't really care (except that you called me a liar). The point of the post was to show that you don't have to be a large organization to make some money from apps - & that Erel has opened up a viable way of potentially making money that many of us wouldn't have had without spending considerable time & effort learning Java. I'm not going to post screenshots from my AdMob account, but get your calculator & work this out:

This month so far:

Impressions: 1,518,193
Click Through Rate: 1.83% (27,813 clicks)
Impression RPM (revenue per thousand): $2.98 (US)
I'll let you figure out what that equals in $ so far this month...

& Ilan is correct - the 30% that goes to Google is only for app sales. The revenue from ads is a commission that's paid to the publisher (app developer) based on what the advertisers have bid to have their ads shown.

- Colin.

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't know whether it's true or not but I sincerely hope such a success for everybody. Personnaly, I wouldn't feel good by earning money with a licensed game of somebody else. If Hasbro decides to sue you, an important share of your $25000 will go directly into the lawyers pocket, trial expenses, etc. And if you lose, you'll regret having created this game. Don't take this as a threat (I don't work for Hasbro) or as a jealous comment. It's not even a moral advice, just a personal opinion. As US companies are prone to sue anybody using their copyrighted products, you take a risk that I couldn't take.
Lately, a french music band was sued by King (Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, etc.) because the band name (Bubblies) was too close to Bubble Witch, one of their games, despite the band had this name years before the game. It's stupid and revolting but true.

I wasn't aware that Yahtzee was a trademark until very recently. Having grown up playing the game (& written my first version of it almost 20 years ago), I honestly thought that Yahtzee was just a commonly used term (which it is). I'm actually in the process of trademarking a new name (not so much for my own protection, but so I know that I'm not infringing anyone else's name) & once it's done I will change to it. Interestingly, my IP attorney tells me that every game currently in Play Store that has a variant of the Yahtzee name (Yachty, Yatzy, etc...) can also be argued to be infringing because they are potentially creating confusion as to who the publisher of the game is.

- Colin.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Believe me or don't - I don't really care (except that you called me a liar). The point of the post was to show that you don't have to be a large organization to make some money from apps - & that Erel has opened up a viable way of potentially making money that many of us wouldn't have had without spending considerable time & effort learning Java. I'm not going to post screenshots from my AdMob account, but get your calculator & work this out:

This month so far:

Impressions: 1,518,193
Click Through Rate: 1.83% (27,813 clicks)
Impression RPM (revenue per thousand): $2.98 (US)

& Ilan is correct - the 30% that goes to Google is only for app sales. The revenue from ads is a commission that's paid to the publisher (app developer) based on what the advertisers have bid to have their ads shown.

- Colin.

As I wrote, I do not know these things about advertising.

"Impression RPM (revenue per thousand): $2.98 (US)"

means it that for every thousand impressions (uses?) have earned almost $ 3?

then with a million and a half of impressions, are $ 4,500 in 15 days?

To get a half million impressions you will have 15 million downloads?

However, I had read that for the click, much more rewarding impressions, they would pay much less.

I'm sorry, I did not call you a liar, but I trust very little people (have you read the story of Flappy Bird?)

What is your app?

[found, Yatzee]

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

it should be around 4500$ am i right?? (i dont know how to do the calculation)

Last edited:

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
wow !!

you earn 300$ per day and still its not more then your real job?? thats very much !!!
you made 25k from the switch to admob? how much did you earn until now from your apps?

what would you recommend me to promote my app and get lots of downloads?
i have an app that has about 160 downloads per day and has now 12.7k installed device and i am making from it about 500$ so i think it got potential.

if this app would have about 100k installed device then i think i wont need to work anymore ! because here in israel a salary of 3000$-3500$ is not bad at all !

do you have any ideas? how to get more downloads?

I work in a very specialized area (& have done for about 20 years), so the salaries are a little higher than average. Prior to switching to AdMob, I made about $7,500 in about 9-10 months. This was using Tap For Tap & Leadbolt. I stopped using Leadbolt because AVG was reporting my apps as threats because of Leadbolt & Leadbolt wouldn't do anything about it. I stopped using Tap For Tap, because the revenues were comparatively low - but TfT was good for generating installs through their tap exchange. I picked up about 1,500 new users through that, which isn't a lot, but it did help boost the numbers in the early days.

Apart from that, the only active promotion I've done was to pay $50 for Android Apps Review to do an expedited review of Yahtzee! (http://www.androidappsreview.com/2014/07/29/yahtzee-free-android-game/) - but that was quite recent & I didn't really see any spike in installs as a result. A few weeks after the review, they actually featured it on their home page, so that was an added bonus. Since that review I made a few changes to the UI to make it a bit more attractive!

I think I just got lucky in that Yahtzee is a pretty popular game anyway & I made a variant of it that people seem to like, even though it's pretty basic & ugly.

- Colin.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I work in a very specialized area (& have done for about 20 years), so the salaries are a little higher than average. Prior to switching to AdMob, I made about $7,500 in about 9-10 months. This was using Tap For Tap & Leadbolt. I stopped using Leadbolt because AVG was reporting my apps as threats because of Leadbolt & Leadbolt wouldn't do anything about it. I stopped using Tap For Tap, because the revenues were comparatively low - but TfT was good for generating installs through their tap exchange. I picked up about 1,500 new users through that, which isn't a lot, but it did help boost the numbers in the early days.

Apart from that, the only active promotion I've done was to pay $50 for Android Apps Review to do an expedited review of Yahtzee! (http://www.androidappsreview.com/2014/07/29/yahtzee-free-android-game/) - but that was quite recent & I didn't really see any spike in installs as a result. A few weeks after the review, they actually featured it on their home page, so that was an added bonus. Since that review I made a few changes to the UI to make it a bit more attractive!

I think I just got lucky in that Yahtzee is a pretty popular game anyway & I made a variant of it that people seem to like, even though it's pretty basic & ugly.

- Colin.

Works it only in local network or over Internet?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
BTW, calculate 7 years (at least) how many apps for $300/day

do you think every app does 300$/day and also if there are ups and downs

so why not go for something stable like create a platform like b4a