iOS Question app rejected because of user registration

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

In order to use non-renewing subscriptions, I used a user registration system which i store all user data on my server. When users login , they can restore their subscription successfuly. But of course app review team found a problem for this and rejected my app.

"Please note that although guideline 11.6 of the App Store Review Guidelines requires an application to make subscription content available to all the iOS devices owned by a single user, it is not appropriate to force user registration to meet this requirement; such user registration must be made optional."

So, what can I do now ? Besides of having to change the system i worked on 1 months :/. İn somewhere i had read that file.dirlibrary ( maybe some other placei dont remember well) is backed up automaticly but i tired uninstalling the app and reinstalling but it was not backed up. I am rally on a dead end here. What do you suggest

TY

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
they seem to make a sport of rejecting apps for the most ridiculous reasons.

try re-submitting it again and if you're lucky someone else is reviewing it and let it pass without problems.

to bad you'll lose another week before you will know the result.

Upvote 0

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
I believe there is an option to have your app data backed up to iCloud, though I'm not sure how this works. Maybe someone who has experience using this can chime in

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I cant risk sending the same binary again. As i know file.dirlinrary is backed up some time but not sure. Because uninstalling and reinstalling the app makes a problem. But i tried it just after installing the app so maybe i cloud makes backup every 6 hours maybe.. I dont know. I am really sad and dissapointed because of this review problems. Maybe @Erel can show me some other way

Upvote 0

valentino s

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not experienced in this matter.

But you write: "it is not appropriate to force user registration to meet this requirement; such user registration must be made optional"

Is it possible that the app doesn't work at all if the user doesn't register ? Is it possible they ask you to create an app that does "something" even if the users stay anonymous ?

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not experienced in this matter.

But you write: "it is not appropriate to force user registration to meet this requirement; such user registration must be made optional"

Is it possible that the app doesn't work at all if the user doesn't register ? Is it possible they ask you to create an app that does "something" even if the users stay anonymous ?
No it works what they mean is you cant make anybody register to just restore their purchase info on another device. But without it i dont know hoe to restore for people.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am really sad and dissapointed because of this review problems
From my short experience with Apple reviews you must expect all kinds of rejections and don't take it too hard.

The library folder is indeed backed up automatically. It is only relevant if the user restores the complete system from iCloud (for example if moving to a new device).

I'm not sure that there is a 100% correct answer for this situation. See this thread for example: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ple-devices-with-non-renewing-in-app-purchase

Seems to me that you just need to make the registration feature optional.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
From my short experience with Apple reviews you must expect all kinds of rejections and don't take it too hard.

The library folder is indeed backed up automatically. It is only relevant if the user restores the complete system from iCloud (for example if moving to a new device).

I'm not sure that there is a 100% correct answer for this situation. See this thread for example: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ple-devices-with-non-renewing-in-app-purchase

Seems to me that you just need to make the registration feature optional.

Yes you are right Erel. I am using another different approach now. As I read on stackoverflow and according to app review guy's note : "Please make it clear to the user that registering will enable them to access the content from any of their iOS devices, and to provide them a way to register at any time, if they wish to later extend access to additional iOS devices."

I will give users option to subscribe without registering and will store the expire date on keychain. Later, IF user uninstalls and reisntalls app, he will be able to restore from keychain. If he wants to use with another device then he has to signup an account. This accounts username password and expiry date taken from the keychain will be stored in my server. So when he logs in from another device his expiry dates etc will be added to that machine's keychain from my server. I think this must be apopriate according to what the guy said which i quoted above. What do you all think ? ios makes me think like a deamon ..

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah i hope so Erel Thank you !. If they reject i will send another binary with some changes :)

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Follow up: The English version of my app has been approved after my appeal to app review board. They found me right and accepted the app. There is another app which is rejected by the same reason ( Turkish version) now i also appealed to it. I hope because the other one is approved , this will too.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
another followup : Turkish language version is not being accepted for rule 17.2 after appeal while english version is accepted after i appeal. This is how app review guys work ..

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
like I wrote earlier... it depends on who's reviewing. I had an app re-reviewed without any change in the app or app data on the site and it passed.

Upvote 0