B4R Question Someone gave me a UNO, whats next?

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Fam

So my cuz gifted me this, which was a spare part for him, and me, ever since planning to check this B4R space out. Its only this thing and this usb cable.

So I'm clueless, what do I need to buy to make this complete so that I can create something useful in B4R? I saw some boards in this section of the forum etc.

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-31 at 15.24.30.jpeg

I am still to google what this is and how it works and what you can do. Just thought I could ask the experts first. Be generous with clarity. I'm like 5 years old in understanding this stuff. Dont laugh.. :D :D :D

Thank you so much in advance.

Mashy

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is enough to start a blinking led (on board) project I guess.
Buy a starter kit like the photo I shared and play with traffic lights led. 🚥😊

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Fam

So my cuz gifted me this, which was a spare part for him, and me, ever since planning to check this B4R space out. Its only this thing and this usb cable.

So I'm clueless, what do I need to buy to make this complete so that I can create something useful in B4R? I saw some boards in this section of the forum etc.

View attachment 150210

I am still to google what this is and how it works and what you can do. Just thought I could ask the experts first. Be generous with clarity. I'm like 5 years old in understanding this stuff. Dont laugh.. :D :D :D

Thank you so much in advance.

Mashy

I started by buying from AliExpress a cheap Arduino kit. Then the first thing I did was the "hello world" program in Arduino, the blink sketch in B4R. Go also to B4R documentation and read...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Forgot to mention this.

I watched a lot of tutorial videos from these two YT channels:

1) The Dronebot Workshop (great for begginers)
2) Andreas Spiess

Upvote 0

BillMeyer

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Mashiane ,

Check Random Nerd Tutorials - get to.know your board in the Arduino environment first. Then convert to B4R - that transition will be much easier then too.

Follow the correct install procedure for B4R as on the B4X site instructions
Tip - Install yout Arduino IDE outside of the programs folder on your PC amd spare yourself a lot of heartache.

I'll PM you with all the SA resources tomorrow. I'm here to help as well. I have your number - you have mine - I'm a phone call away...

I cant speak Xhosa - but we can do the Zulu thing mfowethu...

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It would be overwhelming for a "5 years old" first timer. The best is to start with tutorial by klaus in post #2.

Furthermore, without other electronic components on hand, you can't create other more interesting projects.
You should have order the starter kit or at least get some LEDs, resistors, breadboard and wires for the most basic projects.

The more you read, the more jargons come to appear.
Check out the cheat sheet / glossary which I wrote when I started to learn about Arduino and B4R.

Upvote 0