10 years ago ...

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
10 years ago today I came across a website while searching for a programming language to write apps for Android devices. That website was Basic4ppc. I downloaded the trial version and within 1 hour decided that it would be the right fit for my needs and bought a licence.

I'm glad I did. Programming languages can be fleeting, but this one has passed the test of time, especially for me. Oh how it's grown in those 10 years, and fortunately my knowledge has almost kept up.

Release after release, B4j, B4i B4r I don't know how Erel has managed it, but am grateful that he has.

Yes, I am one of those people that looks at the forum many times a day. In fact, when I am programming, which is most days especially now, the forum is usually open in the browser for quick access to it's wealth of information and to try not to miss too much.

I haven't made a living from programming since 1995, although I have sold some apps and consultancy and I can honestly say that over the 10 years, B4x has more than paid for itself. Not too many hobbies can do that.

This is a good time to say thank you to Erel and all of the forum members that have kept me company during the day, and some nights for 10 years.

Here's to the next 10 years.

Last edited:

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ya, I don't have exact answer.
It was on Oct 24, 2014, hover over your name and you will see it.

1611425318631.png

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks but I am lazy to calculate how many days since I joined

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks but I am lazy to calculate how many days since I joined like LucaMS has mentioned. 😅

1611465515822.png

We have the same date of registration in B4X. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have 14 siblings in my family who are musicians, poets, mathematicians, computer scientists and others that I do not know.

Will you be one of the ones I don't know? 😁😁😁

maXim

Licensed User
Longtime User
old-member.png

I remember when I asked Erel to activate the Italian forum...
the community had a few hundred members but Basic4ppc for Windows mobile was already a success...
... and the B4X IDEs successes have confirmed and rewarded the Erel commitment to his reliability and the great his work quality!

Thanks Erel!