Other B4A v10.2 BETA is available for download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
This update adds support for the latest version of Firebase, Crashlytics and Android SDK.
  • B4ASdkManager updated to support latest version of Android SDK command line tools.
  • Firebase libraries updated to support latest version of Firebase SDK.
  • OkHttp updated based on OkHttp 3.14.9.
  • Support for latest version of Crashlytics. Previous version will stop tracking crashes on November 2020.
  • B4X version of KeyValueStore added as an internal library.
  • Internal libraries updated: B4XPages, B4XDrawer, B4XCollections, XUI Views and BCTextEngine.
  • Deprecated libraries removed: CustomListView (replaced with xCustomListView), Http and HttpUtils2 (replaced with OkHttp and OkHttpUtils2).
  • B4XPages template updated.
  • IDE performance improvements related to projects which use many b4xlibs.
  • New indicators to help understand the code flow with resumable subs:

1598868185888.png
I recommend switching to the latest command line tools + Android SDK. This means that you need to download a new SDK. You can keep the previous one as well.

Instructions:

1. Download command line tools v6609375: https://developer.android.com/studio#command-tools
  2. Unpack in C:\Android
  3. Download additional resources: https://b4xfiles-4c17.kxcdn.com/b4a/resources_9_20.zip
  4. Unpack in C:\Android. It should look like this:

explorer_hfrxvrNO6q.png

5. Set android.jar path in the IDE to: C:\Android\platforms\android-30\android.jar
  6. Note that you don't need to run B4A Sdk Manager at all. All the required components are included. If you do want to run the emulator then start Tools - B4A Sdk manager, install the recommended items and create a new AVD.

Beta link: www.b4x.com/android/files/beta.exe

Attachments

• 1598867682604.png
    1598867682604.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 735
Last edited:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Using crashlytics is very simple. It requires the updated SDK.

0. Follow firebase integration tutorial: Integrating Firebase Services
1. Add to Main:
B4X:
#AdditionalJar: com.google.firebase:firebase-crashlytics
2. Make sure that #VersionName attribute is not empty (I wasted 4 hours on this one).
3. Add to manifest editor:
B4X:
CreateResourceFromFile(Macro, FirebaseAnalytics.GooglePlayBase)
CreateResourceFromFile(Macro, FirebaseAnalytics.Firebase)
CreateResourceFromFile(Macro, FirebaseAnalytics.Crashlytics)

4. Make sure that Crashlytics is enabled in Firebase console and crash the app in release mode. You can use this code:
B4X:
Dim i As Int = "aaa"
The crash should appear in Firbease console under Quality - Crashlytics after a few minutes.

Upvote 0

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not able to start SDK Manager from menu inside B4A.
1598869537905.png

EDIT:
when start manager from JAR i get this:
1598869690699.png

EDIT 2: First error is resolved: Change of path to javac.exe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
  • Deprecated libraries removed: CustomListView (replaced with xCustomListView), Http and HttpUtils2 (replaced with OkHttp and OkHttpUtils2).
So will old projects using CustomListView not work?

Upvote 0

rboeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
With this version is it the time to set : android:targetSdkVersion="30" or should we stay currently with v28?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
So will old projects using CustomListView not work?
Most (if not all) of the projects that used the old CLV, used the class module. If someone needs the old CustomListView library then I'll upload it. It can be added to the additional libs folder.

With this version is it the time to set : android:targetSdkVersion="30" or should we stay currently with v28?
The recommended version is based on Google policy. You should set it to 29. The next beta will show a warning if it is different than 29.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.