USB debugging issues with Android 4.2.2 (adb offline)

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
There is a security change in Android 4.2.2 related to USB debugging. Now when you connect the device with USB debugging a dialog will pop-up and will let the user confirm the connection.

This change only works with the new version of Android SDK.

It can be downloaded here:
http://dl.google.com/android/installer_r21.1-windows.exe

After you download it you should install platform tools and at least one platform.

Do not forget to update the IDE with the path to the new version (android.jar).

todh

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nexus 7 w/jelleybean

Hey, many thanks. I have been totally frustrated and this fixed the issue. Now I can get back to work. :sign0060:

Upvote 0

dieterp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey guys. I'm trying to understand why I can't get my apps to work on the Nexus 7? Will it only work with apps from the Google Play store? I have a server where users normally download my app from, it downloads on other devices but hangs when I try download it from the Nexus. Is this the case?

I've also enabled the Developer functionality (The 7 button tap thing...), but am also struggling to get it going like the guys have mentioned above. Will downloading that new SDK definitely solve the problem?

Upvote 0

dieterp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel. I'm totally stumped here... I've taken a different Nexus 7 device as the previous one. This one downloaded my app and installed without a problem from my server. I can't however seem to connect to it from B4A? I've enabled 'Developer Options', enabled 'USB debugging', Downloaded the latest SDK, downloaded and installed all the tools and everything, but as soon as I compile to Release/Debug, the message pops up saying 'No device found'. Do you have any suggestions for me? Everything works perfectly with the Samsung S3 and Samsung Tablet.

The Nexus tablet does get detected in windows explorer btw.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you dont get adb running with a device then you maybe need a more actual devicedriver from manufacturer.
Or you use b4abridge.

Do you have the newest Revision of the Google USB Driver (can be updated in SDK manager.

See

snap0004.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dieterp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

schemer

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am sure glad I found this! Got my new Nexus 7 (2013) ready to debug test. The first thing I see is I need to make some size adjustments to my ListView. :p
Thanks,
schemer

Upvote 0

schemer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Two words for you: Designer Scripts.
Yes I know. I just grabbed a test file I was learning with and it showed the need for the designer script. :D I am getting set up and after my wife saw my Nexus 7 she wanted one too. So I ordered her one and hour ago. :p
Thanks,
schemer

Last edited:
Upvote 0