Bug? 3,8 Bug and not can return to 3.5 version

CyclopDroid

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear Erel,
I installed version 3.8 and continued to work with my app, but without adding new features and commands.
...but I have found many bugs in this version, I thought I'd re-install the 3.5 versio (owhen the app worked perfectly).
Now, however, does not make me open my application, saying that they were made with a newer version :eek:

PS: One of this Bugs is: When I try my app on emulators, are not equal to the version on your smartphone.
Thanks you and the voice translate does not work wellHow do I do now?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
As written clearly in the v3.80 post, the new version uses a new format and you cannot open projects saved with v3.80 with older versions of B4A. With that said currently there are no known issues in v3.80 and the stable version is expected to be released next week.

If you think that you encountered any bug in the new version then please post your findings (the issue with voice translate is 99% not related to the new version. Also the issue with the emulator is probably not related).

CyclopDroid

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for reply Erel.
But into emulato (AVG Manager), I see the Object
There are objects that usually do not appear in the version on my smartphone it's are hidden. For example, I created a drop-down menu but it remains active even when I hide it . Into emulators, this menu is always visible in the smartphone no.
When I click on the flag of the language, the values of the variables change the code loads the voice sintetyzer, but does not speak in the language of choice ... which instead, it works in my smartphone.
Sometimes, the labels disappear but the value is filled. Then, when I do the refresh, they reappear.
Now, because I have saved with the 3.8, I can not change but I have to wait for the final version to continue the new app.

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@erosmax This is an unfortunate situation for you, but now you have experienced it, I would strongly suggest that you implement some sort of backup for your apps (and any other important data you may have) on a regular (daily) basis. If the apps are important to you, you never really know when your PC may crash losing everything you have on the disk (or making it difficult to recover).

If you have two disks in your machine (not just two partitions) it could be as simple as copying them onto the second disk once a day (or whenever you have changed them).

An automated backup to a separate disk or even the cloud would be better.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
It shouldn't be too difficult to convert the b4a file to the older version. Open the file with a text editor and you will see the required changes (compare it to a v3.5 b4a file).

With that said, there are currently no known issues in v3.8. The stable version will look very similar to the beta.

If you can try to create a project that demonstrates this issue.

CyclopDroid

Licensed User
Longtime User
Tanks for you reply. I've novice :p