Basic ScollView Example

toe

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

I have checked out a few examples but they are a bit complicated for me at the moment.

I have a heap of labels, edittexts and buttons on a abstract designer form.

My issue is i seem to have to many but i need them all so i am thinking maybe a scollview is what i need but cannot work out how to have the scrollview absorb them so to speak.

Any basic examples would help.

thx again
toe

toe

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Klaus,

I have and it is information overload at this stage, plus the example i looked at seems to be using code to create the scollview, i want to visually add a scrollview and have buttons, labels and edittext controls, as many as i need.

Isnt there an easier way?

i have managed to have a scollview run on a page and placed a button below the actual viewing capability of the device but am unable to scoll down to use or see the button.

wa9k.jpg

regards
toe

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You cannot directly add views on a ScrollView in the Designer !
Yes, in the example I mentioned the ScrollView is added in the code, but you could also create a separate layout file with the ScrollView and load it.
To create and see the content of the ScrollView in the Designer you must define, in a separate layout file, a Panel and add all the Views on this Panel.
Then in the code you must load this layout file onto the inner ScrollView panel with ScrollView.Panel.LoadLayout("xxxx") and set the ScrollView.Panel.Height property to the height of the Panel containing the Views.
To display, in the Designer, the lower 'invisible' part of the Panel set it's Top property to a negative value.
And this is shown in the example.

Best regards.

Upvote 0