Wish A sort of emulator

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is a wish that is not closely related to B4A or B4J but perhaps this is the most suitable place in which to write it.

I have a "small" dream, probably unachievable.

Since I do not have two Android devices, I wondered whether it is possible to develop a tool (uhm, I do not know how to explain this), an emulator / wrapper for PC (possibly in VB.Net) which permits the use of wifi and bluetooth pc .

For example, if I wanted to test the project Walkie-Talkie (Erel), in this hypothetical tool I would like to be able to upload the executable in it.

I know, I ask too much.

It 's just a dream :)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is actually quite close to B4J. You can use B4J to run the (almost) same code on the PC.

I'm not sure I understood.

You mean to say that what developed with B4J also runs on PC? If this is it, I understand it and it is great (only one language and development environment for various platforms is a real dream). But in the example to which I was referring, it is really possible to use the code (with some modification) in a PC and get Walkie communicate via BT with an Android device?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4J creates desktop applications. So yes, they can run on a PC. Whether you can use it to test your Android app, depends on the app requirements. Bluetooth is supported for example.

There is already an Android emulator. However it is not suited for tasks such as testing Bluetooth.
There are several other companies that create Android virtual machines. You can try one of them.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4J creates desktop applications. So yes, they can run on a PC. Whether you can use it to test your Android app, depends on the app requirements. Bluetooth is supported for example.

There is already an Android emulator. However it is not suited for tasks such as testing Bluetooth.
There are several other companies that create Android virtual machines. You can try one of them.

Many thanks, Erel.

Support for Bluetooth is already very satisfying for me!

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The communication will be more or less the same. However currently there is no library similar to Audio library in B4J.

In my case, I just need the bluetooth communication, no audio, so it is enough. I was wondering how different is the development in B4J, but i am completely guilty: instead of asking these questions, I should install it (I've already downloaded a long time ago!).

Thank you very much for your reply

clarionero

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi. Did you try with Geymotion? It allow you test with various Android versions. It use VirtualBox to excute the Android virtual machine on PC. You have Android Ginger and Jelly for various devices. And its free to use.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi. Did you try with Geymotion? It allow you test with various Android versions. It use VirtualBox to excute the Android virtual machine on PC. You have Android Ginger and Jelly for various devices. And its free to use.

Thank you, but I've read unpleasant things about Genymotion; and, above all, it don't emulates BlueTooth and / or Wifi, right?

clarionero

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you, but I've read unpleasant things about Genymotion; and, above all, it don't emulates BlueTooth and / or Wifi, right?

Hi. Wifi is working for me in free version. Bluetooth in pay version.

Unpleasant things? I can execute my apps on it. Not slow emulated. Its a virtual machine running android. Hardware acceleration and other goodies. You can download various android versions and test your apps on it.

RAUX

Licensed User
Longtime User
I also have this kind of dream : a simulator running on windows to instantly run my app and checking if my code is correct and if my app looks correct.
Once the app thus checked, it could be finally ran on Android emulator or device.
It is still tirering to wait 10s each time the app is launched.

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I tested the last version (2.1.1) and, for me, it is the first really working version of this emulator (no more crashes or weird behavior). Unfortunately, it does not support my graphic card at work, so I can only use it at home.