Share My Creation A9 Letters and Numbers 2018

I am - not so proud nor happy - to release my first app.

Please, share its URL (even from inside the app itself)... I really need it.

Thank you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mabotech.lettersandnumbers

upload_2018-1-13_13-34-19.png

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I dont like the code above.
You dont need the "dowhile" just check if nickname is valid or not and let the user start again the registration process if its not. Why do you need the dowhile loop?

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
what's the code of that setdb sub?

why do you need a database anyway?

aren't the scores online?

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is quite addictive once you've passed the initial screen (it got stuck donwloading Spanish language, although the second time I could enter normally).
Also, ads don't annoy too much, since they are only from time to time so it's good

Just a couple of comments:

1- My nickname (I entered "jojojo") appears as being from ITA instead of Spanish. Is this because you expected the first place to be always for an italian ;)??

2- I would like to warn "Dust" that he lost the first ranking place in ciphers :D
Screenshot_2018-01-14-12-03-42-034_com.mabotech.lettersandnumbers.png

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I dont like the code above.
You dont need the "dowhile" just check if nickname is valid or not and let the user start again the registration process if its not. Why do you need the dowhile loop?
It was the "aesthetically" cleaner way to handle that thing, using Wait For like that. It is very likely that the mistake is that; today I will try to write the code in a completely different way.

Thank you

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
(it got stuck donwloading Spanish language

FRA = 3 MB
ITA = 11 MB
ENG = 14 MB
POR = 41 MB
SPA = 42 MB

My nickname (I entered "jojojo") appears as being from ITA instead of Spanish.
Most likely this happened just because of the long duration of the download and, suspecting a block of the app, you have acted in some way. I have to verify how to solve this problem but currently you have been branded as ITA locally; you shoud be proud of this :D.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I entered the nickname and went for the math thing. maybe that bypasses the fact that the wordlist was not available yet?

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I entered the nickname and went for the math thing. maybe that bypasses the fact that the wordlist was not available yet?
No, it is because if online there isn't a DB for your language (device), ENG will be used as default and the english db is already saved locally (from DirAssets).

[P.S. Perhaps this also affects the bug?!]

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My nickname (I entered "jojojo") appears as being from ITA instead of Spanish
I have to verify how to solve this problem
"Funny" question: how to solve this? If LNG was part of the users' data, it would be sufficient (to repair the "damage") to modify the content of the related field on the remote db, but it is saved locally and sent along with the score obtained, since a Spanish user could play after setting a different language (to train with a foreign language).

Momentarily I can replace all the ITA in the 3 rankings but I should do it also for your next play (unless you're already tired of this app :p).

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So I discovered what I already knew: @Star-Dust is a filthy cheat! :D:D:D
mumble mumble... how to prevent these cheating?
It is noteworthy that if instead of php I had used a wonderful B4J server, I would have had more control over everything (and I had already planned to develop a B4J server, regardless of the bad intentions of @Star-Dust :)). Just a filter for impossible scores.

P.S. Just a filter for impossible scores. This would not be enough: he could send a score with only 10 points more than the first in the ranking.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
To show the change I did (ITA to SPA for Jordi's scores), I thought to post a screenshot:
So I discovered what I already knew: @Star-Dust is a filthy cheat! :D:D:D
if you pause and restart the game, clock is stopped ;)
I'm not a cheater, I'm not dirty (I washed), I'm not a mite (Italian: "acaro").
It will be a bug in your app, you can not justify and your mistakes by spreading a friend. :mad:

However I have some things to say
1. there are still BUGS with a little trick, you can stop the time and keep playing.
2. It is not clear how the points are calculated, especially those of the game with numbers
3. @JordiCP , you're simply less good at me, I'll give you lessons from A9 :p

P.S: The ruzzle has a system to block who injects false scores, so that someone has experimented with a system to find solutions on the screen. It would be interesting if some brilliant developer tried to make a similar application for your app

Last edited:

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm sorry, you're right, you're not a dirty cheater... you're worse! :p
Sorry, I corrected the message, previous, I wanted to say the opposite .... problems with google translate ... maybe you've developed Google Translate?