Share My Creation A9 Letters and Numbers 2018

I am - not so proud nor happy - to release my first app.

Please, share its URL (even from inside the app itself)... I really need it.

Thank you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mabotech.lettersandnumbers

upload_2018-1-13_13-34-19.png

Last edited:

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
maybe you've developed Googl Translate?
SHOOR :p (or should it be "sure"?)

P.S: The ruzzle has a system to block who injects false scores, so that someone has experimented with a system to find solutions on the screen. It would be interesting if some brilliant developer tried to make a similar application for your app
I have to think (but before I have to fix the d. bug); maybe a kind of private-public-key to send always with any message.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I know there are people who could overcome such protection. Also because a private key sent publicly is readable.

I would make another change, if the nickname would contain the word "dust" or "star" in its interior it would automatically double the points. It seems to me a nice saint forward and it would greatly improve the playability,

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Idea: why do not require an eMail? :mad::)
I do not know why you did not think about it before, email and password. Lately we have to suggest you ideee us. :p:D

Anyway there are emails of a day, which are created cancel in 24 hours. :rolleyes:

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe we should stop calling them program 'bugs' and instead call them 'hidden features'. Just like the old Gameboys and PlayStation console, tap the correct combination of buttons and be granted infinite lives (or in @LucaMs game halt time :D)
I like hidden features in games ;)

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I guess if you ask for an email that people will uninstall it right away. some collect and sell email addresses.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As soon as you do let me know so I can tell you if it works

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe we should stop calling them program 'bugs' and instead call them 'hidden features'

you know what, i was 1 day in a ios class (in a university) to see how the course is running and i followed the instruction of the teacher on my pc and i had an issue with xcode. so i called the teacher and told him i found a bug in xcode and he replied: "No, no, no those are no bugs those are "features" " ;)

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@LucaMs : can you look for a better (more complete) italian dictionary? Current version doesn't recognize several common words.
Another point: could it feasible to score higher words using "difficult" letters (e.g. Q, H) like the game Scarabeo?

About A9: you should really explain how to reach a better score. Is it better to consume all the given numbers sparing less time, or is better to use as few as possible but stopping the clock earlier? Did you implement any check to avoid a "pure luck" situation like having 100 and 37 with a goal of 137 (or even worse 200 with a goal of 200)?

Anyway, I had some fun playing with your app. Thank you.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I found a way to get a better score, but I do not know if you meant this

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I found a way to get a better score, but I do not know if you meant this
I posted in the thread "Chiacchiericci" (Italian Forum) a couple of possible tricks, but I prefer to play "honestly" because I find it more gratifying.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you implement any check to avoid a "pure luck" situation like having 100 and 37 with a goal of 137 (or even worse 200 with a goal of 200)?

then you need to be lucky to have 1 aswell to do 200x1

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@sorex : right. I didn't take in account that at least one operator must be used. So the best case is having two numbers easily combined against the goal.
BTW: is there any certainty (by design) that the given numbers can always lead to the goal?

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@LucaMs : can you look for a better (more complete) italian dictionary? Current version doesn't recognize several common words.
It's very very hard to find vocabularies on Internet. Perhaps an Italian one yes; anyway, I think that it has a lot of words, also conjugated verbs (and I don't like this, to be honest)

could it feasible to score higher words using "difficult" letters (e.g. Q, H) like the game Scarabeo?
Of course, this should be a good idea, thank you.

About A9: you should really explain how to reach a better score. Is it better to consume all the given numbers sparing less time, or is better to use as few as possible but stopping the clock earlier? Did you implement any check to avoid a "pure luck" situation like having 100 and 37 with a goal of 137 (or even worse 200 with a goal of 200)?
To better explain how this score is calculated ... I should first explain it to myself :p
Soon I will post here the calculation (for the numerical game) and if you have better solutions they are very welcome.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I modified a lot the initial part, the one with the "login".

I hope that at least this time the app does not crash on @ilan's devices (but it will no more work on the devices on whic it worked before :D).

Version 1.5

Last edited:

An Schi

Licensed User
Still crashing after splashscreen here.
Same behaviour and device as described in my first post.