B4J Library [ABMaterial] Framework for WebApps

Discussion in 'B4J Libraries & Classes' started by alwaysbusy, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Cableguy

Cableguy Expert Licensed User

Hi Alain, any eta on 4.25?

Peter Simpson and joulongleu like this.
  2. alwaysbusy

alwaysbusy Expert Licensed User

@Cableguy not really. Is there something specific in 4.25 you need?

3. Cableguy

Cableguy Expert Licensed User

@alwaysbusy , not really, I'm about to start a new ABM project and wondered if I should wait for a new release.

joulongleu likes this.
  4. Harris

Harris Well-Known Member Licensed User

new canvas features - snapshot (and of course the new groovy file manager...). I shall need to upload js, font, css to this remote server (mine site) and it is real beotch to get to when of-site (sat internet connection - horribly slow and fragile). Here to March 11/18 - then gone for good (that is IF it ever stops snowing so a jet can land).

Thanks

Mashiane and joulongleu like this.
  5. alwaysbusy

@Harris I'll see what I can do, but with the new B4JS functionality in 4.25, I hesitate in releasing this version way to early.

joulongleu likes this.
  6. Mashiane

Mashiane Expert Licensed User

Nice. In other news, some of us are still coming to grips with pure ABM and stabilizing WebApps without B4JS and will perhaps take another couple of months/year to B4JS ahead. What if you flavour 4.25, one with B4JS and another without B4JS? #CrazyTalk

joulongleu likes this.
  7. Harris

Harris Well-Known Member Licensed User

Ok, no prob... Likely needs beta by some before official release...
    I should be able to pick new files only from js, font, css (4.25) and upload them - rather than the whole shooting match.

joulongleu likes this.
  8. alwaysbusy

Impossible. B4JS and ABM are interwoven so much once I've taken that road there is no going back. Maintaining one framework is more than enough...

Yes, I always try to make a 'Upgrade' folder since a couple of versions for the css/js/font so it should be a minimal upload. Of course, you still need to do the jar.

Harris, joulongleu and Mashiane like this.
  9. Johan Hormaza

Johan Hormaza Active Member Licensed User

What is B4JS?

10. alwaysbusy

DonManfred likes this.
  11. Johan Hormaza

12. ahorro1

ahorro1 New Member Licensed User

I have made a donation to your paypal acount to support your extraordinary effort with

ABMATERIAL and B4JS.

So please, can you send me the user and pasword?

Thanks in advance:)

alwaysbusy likes this.
  13. alwaysbusy

@ahorro1 Thanks for your support! The mail should be on its way. Note that this is still version 4.03. ABM 4.25 with B4JS is only a couple of days out. Just have to polish out the demos again (and this takes some time) :)

14. ahorro1

ahorro1 New Member Licensed User

Don´t worry, alwaysbusy.
    We are in a hurry too. (my wife is beside me), We are working this weekend in our ISO 9001:2015 certification process. (next monday and tuesday)
    So you can imagine how "great" :confused: is going to be the next four days.
    Thanks again for your real "great" job.:)

magi6162, Cableguy and alwaysbusy like this.
  15. alwaysbusy

ABMaterial 4.25 Donators is now released! For the current public version (4.03) see https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/abmaterial-framework-for-webapps.60072/.

Donators can download Dragonfly from the feedback app.

NOTE: Read the README.TXT file carefully!

With ABM 4.25 comes the first version of B4JS, a transpiler that can convert B4JS code to pure Javascript! Something I wanted to make for a long time now. I restarted the project instead of building on what I had in 2016 because ABM has matured a lot since then.

Like any 'new' language, we will hit some bumps and limitations in the beginning. B4X wasn't build in one day either :)

But I'm confident with your feedback, B4JS can grow to be as production ready as ABM is today!

A lot in ABM had to be changed to make B4JS possible. There is always a chance something in ABM will be broken because of those changes. BUT, I will give ABSOLUTE PRIORITY to such cases. I have done extensive tests myself with our own Web Apps and that is why I'm pretty confident to release it to you now.

So, if you want to make the switch to ABM 4.25, make sure you got enought time to test your own apps and report as best as possible in the feedback app! (an example on how to reproduce the problem helps me enormously).
    PLEASE DON'T PANIC!!! Report the problem and I'll look into it. Some 'maintenance' releases will then follow quickly.

An introduction and some tutorials can be found https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/abmaterial-b4js-00-introduction.90249/
    Also, in the zip there is a B4JS demo demonstration most of the is described in the tutorials.

16. MichalK73

MichalK73 Active Member Licensed User

@alwaysbusy I am very impressed with your work. I sent another little Donate for you.

alwaysbusy likes this.
  17. alwaysbusy

joulongleu likes this.
  18. Mashiane

Mashiane Expert Licensed User

Hi AB

Not that I don't mind waiting. Do you however have an ETA for the next version?

Thanks.

Johan Hormaza and joulongleu like this.
  19. roberto64

roberto64 Active Member Licensed User

Hi ABM
    I would like to make a donation for your work, I downloaded the version of ABM 4.03 to understand how it worked, but I still find it difficult to understand the function, I realized that I had to copy the template folder and rename it with a different name based on my demanding I would like to know if there are any manuals that explain the first approach with ABM.
    regards

20. Johan Hormaza

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/abmaterial-abmaterial-for-dummies-lessons.88346/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice