B4J Library [Web][ABMaterial] Framework for WebApps

TIP: For absolute beginners with ABM, Get started with the Mini Template
TIP: Get started with 'ABMaterial For Dummies' by Harris here! (lessons)
TIP:
My mini course on Youtube by MichalK73

ABMaterial is a framework combining a tuned Materialize CSS with the free programming tool B4J. It allows creating WebApps that not only look great thanks to Googles Material Design, but can be programmed with the powerful free tool from Anywhere Software without any knowledge of HTML, CSS or Javascript.

ABMDragonfly4.00.png

ABMaterial has over 45 themeable controls and some useful helpers.

Components:

• ABMActionButton
  • ABMAudioPlayer (1.08)
  • ABMBadge
  • ABMButton
  • ABMCanvas
  • ABMCalendar
  • ABMCard
  • ABMChart (Plugin support 2.00)
  • ABMChat (2.50)
  • ABMCheckbox
  • ABMChronologyList (2.00)
  • ABMCombo
  • ABMCustomControl (1.05)
  • ABMChip
  • ABMCodeLabel
  • ABMDivider
  • ABMDateTimeScroller (1.06)
  • ABMDateTimePicker (1.06)
  • ABMEditor (1.07)
  • ABMFileInput (1.20+)
  • ABMGoogleMap
  • ABMLabel
  • ABMList
  • ABMImage
  • ABMImageSlider
  • ABMInputField
  • ABMRadioGroup
  • ABMPagination (1.04)
  • ABMPatternLock (1.20+)
  • ABMPDFViewer (1.08)
  • ABMPercentSlider (2.50)
  • ABMPlanner (2.50)
  • ABMPivotTable (1.08)
  • ABMRange (1.05)
  • ABMSignaturePad
  • ABMTimeLine (1.10, depreciated in 4.00)
  • ABMSlider (1.05)
  • ABMSmartWizard (3.00)
  • ABMSocialShare (1.07)
  • ABMSocialOAuth
  • ABMSVGSurface (1.20+)
  • ABMSwitch
  • ABMTabs
  • ABMTreeTable (1.04)
  • ABMUpload
  • ABMVideo

Helpers:
  • ABMContainer
  • ABMFlexWall (1.10)
  • ABMGenerator (1.07)
  • ABMModalSheet
  • ABMNavigationBar
  • ABMPage
  • ABMParallax
  • ABMSideBar (2.00)
  • ABMTable
  • ABMTableMutable (1.20+)
Other:
  • Firebase Auth (1.20+)
  • Firebase Storage (1.20+)
  • Configurable App and Content folders (2.00)
  • Lorem Ipsum Generator (2.00)
  • Grid Builder (2.00+)
The Grid Builder:
With the Grid Builder you can build the responsive framework very easy. This has been the most difficult part for beginners to understand. But now with the builder, you have no reason to not use ABMaterial :)

gridbuilder1.png

There is an online demo at http://abmaterial.com
Alternative url: http://prd.one-two.com:51042/demo/

NEW: You can now support BANano and ABMaterial here too: https://www.patreon.com/alwaysbusy

This means it is free to use, but consider this: it took me already thousands of hours to program ABMaterial, all done in my free time early in the morning and deep into the night. Not only will a donation push me to continue developing ABMaterial , remember, you'll get a warm and fuzzy feeling doing it!

Download version 5.12 - for jServer 4.00 (open source, library only):

ALWAYS TAKE A BACKUP BEFORE USING A NEW VERSION!

ABMaterial 5.12 is now available on github and is open sourced :cool: (AS IS)! This version has been in heavy use (development and production) within our company for over a year now without major alterations, so I consider it very stable and ready to be open sourced.

I trust no one here will publish a clone or take credit for my work and I would consider it common courtesy if you find a bug/fix/new feature, you report back to me so I can make the same changes in the official library and everyone can benefit from it.

Note: next to downloading the library, you need also to download the accompanying www zip files from the same github (releases) containing the latest javascript/css/font files.

The procedure from Github for 5.12:

1. Download https://github.com/RealAlwaysbusy/A...eleases/download/v5.12/ABMaterial5.12-bin.zip
2. Download https://github.com/RealAlwaysbusy/A...r4.00/releases/download/v5.12-www/www5.12.zip
3. Unzip ABMaterial5.12-bin.zip and copy all .xml and .jar files to you B4J Libraries folder
4. Unzip www5.12.zip
5. In the projects you are working on (e.g. a for Dummies project) delete the following folders in \www
  • css
  • font
  • js
6. Copy from the unzipped www5.12.zip the 3 folder (css/font/js) to the \www folder where you just deleted these 3 folders.

Additional Resources:

Demo source code (for v4.51, not yet updated for 5.12, but still usefull to learn ABM): https://gorgeousapps.com/ABMExtras4.51.zip

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did creating it and I look forward to see the killer apps you will make with ABMaterial!

Also consider BANano if you are planning to write Websites/Apps in B4J!

Alain Bailleul
Alwaysbusy's Corner

Last edited:

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ANNOUNCEMENT:

ABMaterial 4.95 is now available on github and is open sourced :cool: (AS IS)! This version has been in heavy use (development and production) within our company for over a year now without major alterations, so I consider it very stable and ready to be open sourced.

I trust no one here will publish a clone or take credit for my work and I would consider it common courtesy if you find a bug/fix/new feature, you report back to me so I can make the same changes in the official library and everyone can benefit from it.

Github (source + binary release 4.95): https://github.com/RealAlwaysbusy/ABMaterial-Source

Note: next to downloading the library, you need also to download the accompanying www zip files from the same github (releases) containing the latest javascript/css/font files.

Alwaysbusy

Last edited:

vecino

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great :)
I had a project that in the end nothing has been done, because of the famous virus, but I'm looking forward to be notified so I can start using ABMaterial.
I need to know how it works first though :D

Johan Hormaza

Licensed User
Longtime User
ANNOUNCEMENT:

ABMaterial 4.95 is now available on github and is open sourced :cool: (AS IS)! This version has been in heavy use (development and production) within our company for over a year now without major alterations, so I consider it very stable and ready to be open sourced.

Github (source + binary release 4.95): https://github.com/RealAlwaysbusy/ABMaterial-Source

Alwaysbusy
Is it possible to have this version already compiled as a B4J library?

Thank you and extraordinary work !!

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Tried to download the 4.95 Library, but when copied to the Library files it still mentioned 4.51.
You must have copied the wrong files. Or maybe you are looking at the column of 'latest'? That is possible this one still says 4.51 as I have not updated Erels document yet that the IDE reads. But it should show 4.95 when selected.

Ganiadi

Licensed User
Longtime User
You must have copied the wrong files. Or maybe you are looking at the column of 'latest'? That is possible this one still says 4.51 as I have not updated Erels document yet that the IDE reads. But it should show 4.95 when selected.
Yup you are right, it showed 4.95 now, but when tried to run it zip every files and not compile all the bas files.
Is there any steps i missed

Tks for your help @always busy

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Note: when the final version of jServer 4 is released, I will release a new version where the used java libraries will be also updated to the ones the new jServer uses. This has no impact on your projects, but I think it is better that the library uses the same versions as jServer.

Jmu5667

Licensed User
Longtime User
Note: when the final version of jServer 4 is released, I will release a new version where the used java libraries will be also updated to the ones the new jServer uses. This has no impact on your projects, but I think it is better that the library uses the same versions as jServer.
Will it still support jServer 3.0 ? We have a lot of servers using jServer 3.0 (Java 8). At the moment we have no plans to move to Java 11+.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Will it still support jServer 3.0 ? We have a lot of servers using jServer 3.0 (Java 8). At the moment we have no plans to move to Java 11+.
It's my undersranding that ABMaterial will not be gaining new features in any near feature ans this update os to jeep up with newest jetty version.
You can always jeep a copy if the lib that is based on jetty 3.0 in a différent folder, other than aditional libs.