Share My Creation AC/DC Radio

As a tribute to my favourite rock band, I quickly (very quickly) put together some code to continously play a stream from Virgin Radio dedicated to AC/DC.
While playing, it shows Album title, Album image (if available) and Song title.

The code could be easily extended to other streams (https://www.virginradio.it/sezioni/1161/web-radio) the radio makes available..but it's time for my long Sunday walk .

ps: why not a B4A version to load on the smartphone and use while walking? why not a B4xPages one? Easy. Today I fired B4J first, had this idea, searched for a stream and wrote those few lines of code. BTW, I doubt that this kind of sound makes it for a relaxing walk..

udg

Attachments

• ACDCRadio0.PNG
    ACDCRadio0.PNG
    8.6 KB · Views: 2,220
  • ACDCRadio1.PNG
    ACDCRadio1.PNG
    41.4 KB · Views: 175
  • ACDCRadio.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 216

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In case you ever visit Melbourne
Been in Melbourne in 2000 (and visited Tasmania too; I was in Hobart the arrival day of the Sidney-Hobart race..lucky me). Can't recall about the lane so now I've got a very good excuse to plan a second visit.. :)

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You are very old; the best rock band..
Younger than Mr. Young :D

You won't believe it but I coined the term "hard rock" when I first heard them soon before they launched Highway to Hell 1979.
I did it because at that time they generally used the term "heavy metal" and in my opinion AC/DC sound was something different from what was played by groups like Iron Maiden or Saxon. So I think I could claim that I was the first to use the term "hard rock", but only my close friends know it.. an probably just a very few of them now recall it..
My interest toward this genre began with groups from the late 60s like Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin all of which were part of my personal soundtrack before any swimming competition..

I feel hard rock more as energy than music.
As of for music I like most jazz (Big Bands, Oscar Peterson, Charlie Parker and many others from that period).
But music tastes are like our mood; they change with it. Right now I'm listening to Chopin Nocturnes

Last edited:

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
After a few beers it will look muuuch better... :D

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you might have had a hand in the renaming
Who knows? If they find a similar submission in Madrid..

Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is a pattern ;)

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
Who knows? If they find a similar submission in Madrid..
Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is a pattern ;)

Absence of denial noted. 🤔

Here's the sequence of facts so far:

1/ we had no AC/DC Lane in Melbourne, then
2/ udg visits Melbourne, then
3/ we now have AC/DC Lane in Melbourne

Looks like an open and shut case to me. Save your excuses for the judge. 🍻