Android Question ACL Picturetaken not firing on Galaxy Note 3

MotoMusher

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have an app with a camera in use by a few hundred people. 0 issues until this week when one of my long time users upgraded to a Galaxy Note 3.

I use ACL and call cam1.takepicture. I have a logging line before and after and the call is made and it fires correctly

Sub Cam1_PictureTaken (Data() As Byte) is never fired. Line one of this sub should write a line in the log and it does not.

Is there something unique about the Note 3 that anyone has seen? Only this device has that problem.

MotoMusher

Licensed User
Longtime User
Figured it out for those who stumble upon this. ACL and CameraEX both exhibited the same behavior, and were both resolved in the same manner.

Prior to cam.takepicture, I had always called panelpreview.removeview. Though perhaps misguided, it did seem to free up resources while the image was manipulated and it worked for every user I had, and removed some issues (it seemed) I had with users with real poor hardware.

Moving the panelpreview.removeview to after cam.release (post picture) solved the problem for 4.3 and 4.4 users.

Upvote 0