Other B4A UI Cloud is now online - The easy way to test your layout!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Basic4android UI Cloud is a new service that will help you with testing your layouts on multiple devices.

Using the UI Cloud is very simple. From the designer you choose Tools - Send To UI Cloud (or press F6). The layout will be sent to a set of devices hosted by Anywhere Software. Once the process is complete, the browser will open with two screenshots taken from each device.

Pressing on any thumbnail image will show the full image.

SS-2012-11-01_11.59.55.png

The set of devices currently includes:
- Galaxy S4
- Samsung Galaxy I9000
- Nexus 7
- Nexus 5
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
- Kindle Fire
- HTC One S
- Samsung Galaxy Note
- Samsung Pocket

The variant used for each device (and orientation) is the same as the variant that will be chosen at runtime.

Last edited:

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Checked it just a moment ago, seems so :)

Got a SmartTV (its a GRUNDIG (former german company), but with Samsung OS) and will try to install the DesignerApp.

Upvote 0

Shadow&Max

Licensed User
Longtime User
Definitely faster and I immediately narrowed down what was happening as a problem in my app using this today... Always a great feature, but even better faster like this...

Upvote 0

dualznz

Licensed User
Longtime User
i like this, its really handy but if you custom code the controls or the objects it wont show, as i dont use the designer at all i custom code each object

Upvote 0

LéonE

Licensed User
Longtime User
I hope i understood correctly and this option is for B4A.
I have release 3.80 but can't see any option to use the UI-cloud.
under tools (#1) is no option and F6 doesn't do anything.
regards, Léone

Upvote 0

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just tried this out, and this is amazing! A great tool to get the required Google Play screenshots.

Just a little FYI: The Nexus 5 is a 4.95" phone.

Upvote 0

Shadow&Max

Licensed User
Longtime User
FYI, on most Droid smartphones, if you hold the volume down and the power button down together, it should take a screenshot...

Upvote 0

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
FYI, on most Droid smartphones, if you hold the volume down and the power button down together, it should take a screenshot...

Yep, but I only have a Nexus 5 and 7. I don't want to spend that much just for development devices. The Google Play store requires screen shots from small, medium, and large devices. I only have two of the three.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TomA

Licensed User
Longtime User
The Google Play store requires screen shots from small, medium, and large devices.
No, I do not believe they REQUIRE this - they state "To publish your Store Listing, you must provide a minimum of 2 screenshots." I believe you only need a tablet screenshot if you want to be included in their 'designed for tablets' listing.

Upvote 0

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
No, I do not believe they REQUIRE this - they state "To publish your Store Listing, you must provide a minimum of 2 screenshots." I believe you only need a tablet screenshot if you want to be included in their 'designed for tablets' listing.

Oh, OK. Thanks for the information!

Upvote 0

Ricky D

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel I would like to know what are the layout settings for a Samsung Note 8? I have got one and would like to write an app for it for my online business.

Regards, Ricky

Upvote 0

Fusseldieb

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is great :D
There are a lot of requests of making a "Community" of devices to test it on various layouts...
I am thinking that I can probably write a server and a app that runs together (making a huge community) and anyone can download it (if they want help)... But I don't guarantee nothing ;)
It's just a idea for now ;)

Upvote 0

Devendra

Licensed User
Longtime User
Cant we download the emulators or the designer details to our side using UI-Cloud, It will be very easy to have many screens adjusted for this task.
or is there a easy way for making the designer automatically adjust the screens according to the Device.

Upvote 0