iOS Question AdBlock

D

Deleted member 103

Hi,

who is doing something against AdBlock apps?
Or is it possible to do something about it?

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is not possible to block ads in your app, as Erel said they can only block the safari content even tough I can block all kinds of ads in ios with openvpn + piHole

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
but it works, look here:
https://nomobileads.com/
Yes becuase it is a vpn service, what vpn does, as you also know, is to route your traffic through their servers, and they block connections to ad services ( they have a url list which blocks the urls ) it is the same principle as I told in the previous method. there is no other method other than vpn to block the ads.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 103

I ask for a solution because I believe that such AdBlocker are very common.
This app, below, should show Ad-Interstitial, but I do not get a single cent on so many impressions.

upload_2019-8-9_17-18-34.png

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I guess something else is wrong.

Is that 55864 impressions and 759 clicks? that should give you atleast something.

If there was a blocking method used it wouldn't even get to the impression as the (pre)loading would fail.

Do you get the same in admob? this is a line from Google Firebase?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 103

this is a line from Google Firebase?
That's the Apple Analytics.
The impressions only tell you how often the app was used, not how many times the ad was displayed.
But with so many impressions someone must have clicked on the advertising, right?

Here is a comparison with another app.
With this app, I get at least a few cents a month, and that has less impressions.

upload_2019-8-9_21-2-23.png

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I thought apple ditched iAd ?

Aren't you confusing apple sales figures with admob income?

I've never seen a way to link my admob account to the apple stuff.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 103

I've never seen a way to link my admob account to the apple stuff.
Yes, that's right!

No, this is not about links, it's all about logic.
This app is used more often than the other, despite not generating a penny in advertising.
So I think that maybe an adblock will be used here.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you need to check admob for the requests vs impressions. if the requests is near 0 and you're convinced that a lot of people used it then they might block ads somehow (might be just airplane mode)

if there are a lot of requests but almost no impressions then there is no match.

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
what i did once is, i was checking for a period if the app was showing any ads. if in a specific period no single ad was shown i showed a warning msg.
something like, the app is for free and to be able to continue the development we show ads in our app ... (bla bla bla) if after another period no single ad was shown i blocked the app on app start. (first period was about 2 weeks then a warning and then another week)

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I ask for a solution because I believe that such AdBlocker are very common.
This app, below, should show Ad-Interstitial, but I do not get a single cent on so many impressions.

View attachment 82989

make sure that you have entred the right ad id.

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
The impressions only tell you how often the app was used, not how many times the ad was displayed.
But with so many impressions someone must have clicked on the advertising, right?

With this app, I get at least a few cents a month, and that has less impressions.

View attachment 82994

As @sorex said you need to look at your AdMob (or whichever provider you are using) console to see how many ad impressions the app is generating. You can't use your Apple analytics as a measure of how your ad performance should be because there are variables specific to AdMob (or whoever) like location, demand, CPM, etc...

There could also be an issue with your code not calling the ads correctly. Have a review of the getting started steps for AdMob on iOS (https://developers.google.com/admob/ios/quick-start) & make sure you have ATS configured correctly because that might stop ads being shown if it isn't.

Also it's possible (but unlikely) that your users are using your app with data turned off on their devices, in which case they wouldn't see any ads. I know some users do this, but it'd be pretty unlikely that they all are.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User

View attachment 82994
Also - you're wrong about what Impressions means in App Analytics on App Store Connect. Impressions is the number of times the app has been viewed in the store. Units is the number of installs. Sessions is the number of times the app has been used - but it's Opt-In only, so might not be a true reflection.

So in the case of the app you're concerned about, there were only 1,579 sessions from 759 downloads - which tells you either a) the app is only being used on average about twice for every download, or b) not many of your users are opting in to allow session stats to be shared with Apple.

https://help.apple.com/app-store-connect/#/itc623752a8d

- Colin.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 103

So in the case of the app you're concerned about, there were only 1,579 sessions from 759 downloads - which tells you either a) the app is only being used on average about twice for every download, or b) not many of your users are opting in to allow session stats to be shared with Apple.
You may be right!
There are not as many downloads and the one who had the use the app maybe turned on airplane mode.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You are looking at the wrong place as other said. itunes connect can't give you any ad impression or profit information. That's app store stats.

Upvote 0