iOS Question Adhoc Distribute Provisioning Profile

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

After the tutorial of firebase push notifications, i started using distrubiton certificate and a adhoc distribute profile for both trying my app on my device and uploading to itunes connect. Trying the app on device part works well.

Under ios developer page it says for the adhoc :

Ad Hoc
Create a distribution provisioning profile to install your app on a limited number of registered devices.

I uploaded my app to appstore with this adhoc distribute profile and it did not give me any errors. The status is waiting for review. But i am not sure if it makes any problem (using adhoc distribute instead of appstore distribute ) Can you advise please. Thanks

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
There is no difference between Ad Hoc certificates and Store certificates:

SS-2016-07-07_17.52.26.png

The difference is in the provision profile:

SS-2016-07-07_17.53.15.png

Are you sure that you have used the wrong provision profile?

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There is no difference between Ad Hoc certificates and Store certificates:

SS-2016-07-07_17.52.26.png

The difference is in the provision profile:

SS-2016-07-07_17.53.15.png

Are you sure that you have used the wrong provision profile?
Yes i used the provision profile that i created with the firebase notifications tutorial. It was adhoc provision profile. And i uploaded to itunes connect with that config. Should i remove it from the review queoe and upload again with a appstore provision profile ? If yes , does firebase msging will be working with the distrbution provision? ( because we enabled the push service for the adhoc provision profile as in the tutorial )

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
They accepted it and it works. I will continue to use ad hoc but i dont know how it works according to apple explainations :)
You don't need to remove it. Apple are checking applications quite quickly now. See whether it will be accepted or not.

I think that it will work.

Upvote 0