Android Question Admob Ads (SOLVED)

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have implemented Admob ads into one of my apps it's been more than 4 days and I still can't see any ads, is anyone else experiencing this issue? I don't believe I'm missing anything, I have spent hours checking and making sure I followed the implementation instructions and I can't seem to find anything wrong, any ideas?

Thanks,
Walter

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yesterday I got Home and after running the project from my home laptop, i started seeing ads, i'm a bit confused because the keystore certificate i used to create the firebase project is the one in my work computer, when I installed the app from my home laptop i used a totally different keystore certificate, i'm guessing it must be something different in my setup in B4A between my work laptop and home laptop.

For now everything is working as it should, thanks everyone for all your suggestions and help.

Walter

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
AdMob doesn't care about certificates or even package names. The only thing AdMob is interested in is the Ad ID (& now maybe the App ID, but I'm not sure that's even relevant at this stage). During testing I've used Ad IDs that belong to one app in a different app without a problem.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
AdMob doesn't care about certificates or even package names. The only thing AdMob is interested in is the Ad ID (& now maybe the App ID, but I'm not sure that's even relevant at this stage). During testing I've used Ad IDs that belong to one app in a different app without a problem.

- Colin.
I figured that didn't have anything to do with it, i was just commenting on my observations, aside from the keystore certificate i really can't say what else could be different other than maybe the library versions between my home laptop and work laptop, my work laptop has all the up to date libraries while my home laptop doesn't.

Walter

Upvote 0

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I was going to mention library versions - Admob is very fussy about having 'matching' library versions and the min and target sdks set correctly and the correct sdks installed.

Upvote 0