Android Question admob app opening ads

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

This ad type is available on beta now. Probably it will be a popular ad type. is it possible to implement ?

Thanks

brianwiz12

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have that too as an option. Is this really a good thing? Will Samsung, Google and Amazon be against it when testing?

I like the option but also feel its pushy

Upvote 0

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have that too as an option. Is this really a good thing? Will Samsung, Google and Amazon be against it when testing?

I like the option but also feel its pushy
You need to check your target audience and what your kind of app.

I have casual apps with interstitial in the opening that have a good revenue, without complains and others that I tried to put it and it was not well received, so I removed it.

Sadly, the FirebaseConfig lib don't works with B4A 10.2.
Is a very important lib to you make A/B Tests to check revenue x user retention and others indicators.

Upvote 0

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Any news about this feature?

I saw an example in a admob webnar and is very clever (better than an interstitial in opening).

Upvote 0

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is not allowed
Is allowed BUT you need to show a splash screen before show the interstitial in opening ad. I checked with admob team and use it in some of my apps.
The disallowed implementation is show the interstitial immediately when the user open the app.
This same behavior is mandatory to use with the new format "app open ads".

Here is the correct flow:
Blog-Post-Intrusive-Interstitial-13thJan2017a.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jack Cole

Licensed User
Longtime User
I contracted with Biswajit to write b4a and b4i libraries for this. He was planning on sharing it, but hasn't yet. You might check with him to see if he would share. These libraries are completed and working.

Upvote 0

kisoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
We have to wait, Google is preparing changes:

In early 2021, we will release the Google Mobile Ads SDK for Android version 20.0.0 and for iOS version 8.0.0. As a result, several APIs currently available will be changed or retired. Keep the following in mind:
• Before new versions of the package are released, update the API in your applications according to the migration guidance below.
• When the Google Mobile Ads SDK version 8.0.0 (iOS) or 20.0.0 (Android) is available, please update your apps according to the migration guidance below before publishing your apps.
• Upgrading the Google Mobile Ads SDK to version 8.0.0 (iOS) or 20.0.0 (Android) without making changes to the APIs as per the migration guidelines will result in problems creating or compiling applications, which could lower your revenue.
• Incompatibility changes made to the Google Mobile Ads SDK version 8.0.0 (iOS) or 20.0.0 (Android) will not affect current implementations that reference earlier versions of the package.
Below is a list of major API changes that require action before updating the SDK to the latest version. For a complete list of changes (including other incompatible changes), see the migration guidance.

For a list of all changes, see the migration guidance.

Upvote 0

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
We have to wait, Google is preparing changes:

In early 2021, we will release the Google Mobile Ads SDK for Android version 20.0.0 and for iOS version 8.0.0.
I think that @Erel will made changes in the lib (if needed).
See this post:

Upvote 0