Admob income dropped over the last four weeks?

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
My RPM seems to drop as the requests increase. One of our apps was trending #4th in Productivity, and the requests per day were as high as 50K. But the RPM dropped to $0.1.
AdMob has been too much inconsistent for us. We've tried other networks, mediation, with 0 success. Also, no news about Native Advanced. The old traditional banners look super ugly and have terrible click-through rates.
View attachment 68186
The problem with banner ads is that they typically have very low RPM. Interstitials have always worked best for me, but they can be difficult to find a place for in some apps. In games it's easy to place interstitials because you can put them between levels or after the game is over.

Re the original question about whether income has dropped - I think a lot of it is related to your user demographic (eg: Age / Gender / Country) & whether it fits into what the higher paying advertisers want. I have one app that has RPMs around $3-$4 & another that is often over $10 (they are both displaying interstitials). They are both being used by people in the same age group & predominantly in the US, but the one with the higher RPMs has about 80% female users vs about 50% for the other one.

- Colin.

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
T

That is such a good number!
The average since I started using AdMob (almost exactly 4 years ago) for all my apps is US$3.51 - however over the past couple of months that average has jumped up to a little over US$8.00. That's across 17 apps though, so some are obviously significantly lower & a few are significantly higher.

- Colin.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
for me it increased constantly and had €15-20/day for months. Then it suddenly dropped and now levels around €3-8/day.

I'm not complaining since it's money that just rolls in without doing much so anything is still better than nothing (even Luca's €0.01 ;) )

The root cause for my droppings is getting out the top 100 and later top 250 puzzle games in Belgium & Holland so installs dropped aswell.

I spotted some nasty tricks by some too... several match3 & bubble shooter games are by the same person and uploaded with a different name and account
even the icons have the same style, hand 'pointer', screenshot comments etc.
so they run away with 10+ places in the top ranking pushing down others who would've got a chance to be there aswell.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
just release it and wait. it might generate something even if it's only short term it's still better than not releasing it at all.