Android Question An existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed

Rogerardo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Having recently upgraded I am getting the same message as others when installing the APP "An existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed".
I only have one app but it is very heavily used and is very data dependant.
I have tried a version 4 copy of "debug.keystore" but this has no effect.
I have upgraded from version 1.8 to the latest edition.
Will a version of the debug.keystore file from version 1.8 work on the latest version and if so has anyone got a copy?

Rogerardo

Licensed User
Longtime User
I did nothing with this key. However I have just gone into Tools/Private Sign key. I cannot use Load Existing Key as this seems to need a password. I have clicked Use Debug Key but I still get the same error on installing.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Rogerardo

Licensed User
Longtime User
I wrote the package a few years ago and I cannot ever remember putting any password in it, indeed I don't think I have ever been into the Tools/Private section.

Upvote 0

Rogerardo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel, from what I can see I have replaced the keystore file, see below screenshot.
I have not submitted the app to Google Play. It has been written specifically for the fire safety industry where it is live all over the UK and Ireland.

upload_2017-8-24_12-28-51.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-24_12-26-27.png
    upload_2017-8-24_12-26-27.png
    45.3 KB · Views: 334
Upvote 0

Rogerardo

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have done this, re-installed the old version and copied debug.keystore to the folder in the new version but I still get the same message.

Upvote 0