Share My Creation An experiment for practical use of IoT on the shop floor

beacons.png

At OneTwo, we are always searching for ways to make things easier on the workfloor. For nearly a decade, we introduced barcode scanners everywhere! From architects and accountants, over carpenters and contractors, to farmers and gardeners are now using our small barcode scanners to record times, jobs and used materials.

The last couple of weeks, I've been investigating how we could tackle another common issue, but now on the factory shop floor. Working on a specific step in the development of a product demands the constant focus of the operator so using a barcode scanner to get the instructions is, well, just not practical if you have your hands full...

Read the full article on my blog: https://alwaysbusycorner.com/2017/0...t-for-practical-use-of-iot-on-the-shop-floor/

alienhunter

Licensed User
Longtime User
Very nice ,
we also have an array of development in b4a and b4j at work , we are using all kinds of readouts
from machines and CAD/CAM software and hand-scanners web instructions , training of new employees .. etc etc..
In our machine shop we run the same concept as you want to develop for the shop floor running for about 4 years now
We use tablets, pc,and phones .. about 150 units
Main challenge is the machining shop ... all the technology fails after a while , because of coolant dirt , things get
dropped ;) and other things . I get always in trouble when I have to replace things
need to know more feel free to contact me .
AH