Share My Creation Android Form Generator

Hello

attached a project for Generate forms it allows to build and handle forms data; it is sufficiently generalised for a wide use.

The project contains the fgen Class module and is a demo of FormGen and a tool for testing the forms.

I need criticism and suggestions.

John Rossati

Attachments

• formgen.zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 1,464
  • sample.png
    sample.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 5,807
  • Basic4AndroidFormGenManual.zip
    245.7 KB · Views: 1,605

rossati

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks JakeBullet70

I improved the module; you can find the new version in a Song Player application which I posted.

Jonn Rossati

melamoud

Licensed User
Longtime User
great idea, will be a bit easier to use if instead of the comma seperated list to initiate the items, you will make it a bit more OO, by introducing classes to each type, (if you want I can help you do that) or at least a method for each type with named parameter for each attribute

Nir

rossati

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Nir

I agree that an OO approach is not only elegant but also more robust, but at moment I see some difficulties.
At present the list also provides the order of presentation of widgets.

The idea at the time is relative to the dynamic creation of objects, but it doesn't seem to be possible with Basic4Android.
Any suggestions?

John Rossati

melamoud

Licensed User
Longtime User
if you have a method like addComponent(Object), then the order of calling this method is the order of the components on the page,

make sense ?

BTW you can have multiple methods like addRadioButon, addLabel, etc , and the logic is the same , the order of calling them is the order on the page

rossati

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes

this is a good starting point, I think the turning point can be the possibility to dynamically create objects.

John Rossati

EduardoElias

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes

this is a good starting point, I think the turning point can be the possibility to dynamically create objects.

John Rossati

I was taking a look on your idea and I liked it a lot.

For me it is very interesting to use it. I create apps that need many screens (forms) and besides the designer approach is interesting it is confusing for em. With many form it will be needed to declare a lot of variables to be used. Not everytime I need, for example, a layout for cellphone and for tablet, sometimes is very different at point that cellphone have less data or fields (a resumed version)

Then keeping a lot of layouts is ugly and mess with the code.

However with a form generator I can create a class that knows its needs: handle its data and its forms with no variables created on main.

The Form Generator could be OO oriented, to interact better, however the idea of reading a string and parse is the difference, since it is much less code, easier to have a library of forms in memory, even can send an receive over internet updates of the form.

I am doing a form editor and liked your idea. I have created a windows app to edit the form, like the b4a editor, however I save it as Json string. It will solve more complex situations, but your solution is very handy. It should be continued and expanded...

melamoud

Licensed User
Longtime User
I agree it will be nice to have both, actually it could be even more elegant if internally the form generator will maintain objects regardless if the addCompont was done passing object or string to be parsed

BTW I think it will be nicer to have addCompontn(strring) as well, VS the one call with the entire form (or in addition)
so you do not have to build the big string at once, and can build it one by one - easier to debug, to add comoment while you build the form, to have conditions that build the code differently depending on parameters, etc

rossati

Licensed User
Longtime User
Android Form Generator -version enhanced

Thank to all for interest in FormGen.

I am attaching the updated version of the package, along with an application which send mail from voice notes.
I'm using SendVoiceMail, but use with caution because when I was going to do thorough checks, I be entered in a project for Arduino and I have not written a minimum of documentation.

The attached file Basic4AndroidFormGen.zip is the FormGen manual.

As usual criticisms and suggestions are appreciated.

best regards

John Rossati

Attachments

• formgen.zip
    15.4 KB · Views: 574
  • SendVoiceMail.zip
    13.9 KB · Views: 545
  • Basic4AndroidFormGen.zip
    232.4 KB · Views: 698