1. Black Friday Sale - 50% off

B4A Standard for $29 instead of $59!
    Buy Now
    Dismiss Notice

Android Question Android server: battery state after uptime of month, 6 months, year

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by peacemaker, Mar 24, 2019.

1. peacemaker

peacemaker Well-Known Member Licensed User

Hi, All

Who tried to use an Android device as the server that has been powered up during several months, or maybe year ?
    How is the battery state if such usage ?

I think, now embedded control systems can be build basing on an Android device (also as server) + wired Ethernet LAN hosts of sensors, displays, relays...
    WiFi solution i'm sure cannot be stable.

So question is about the battery life, if always powered up.

2. agraham

agraham Expert Licensed User

I wouldn't worry. Any decent device nowadays (and most indecent ones) have smart batteries that don't allow themselves to be overcharged. Even if the battery capacity did degrade over time from being kept at full charge it will probably only have to deal with power outages of limited duration and so should cope without problems.

peacemaker likes this.
  3. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

I have devices running as part of the UI Cloud service for several years now. They are connected to a charger that charges them about 50% of the day.

peacemaker likes this.
  4. peacemaker

Erel, it means that you unplug devices each day ? and replug again.

5. Erel

No. I'm using a timer:

[​IMG]

6. peacemaker

Wow ! So, no any device that was plugged in without re-plug for months ?

7. Erel

Yes. No need to unplug the devices. The software also runs for months without any need for intervention. It is made of a small watchdog app and the main app. The main app closes itself every hour and the watchdog app starts the main app every minute (if needed).

Peter Simpson and peacemaker like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice