Share My Creation Animated GIF overlay (Fly overlay)

Update: new version on Google Play with configurable parameters and different gifs to choose from. Changed thread and app name

--- UPDATED Version 1.2: (will take a while for Google Play to update the version) Now you can throw them onto the screen limits so that they will bounce and buzz :D ----

moscaicon3.png
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.twouchapps.fun.fly

Hi all,

This is one of those apps made in a few hours after a silly idea. Just for entertainment, or to prank your friends. Also, it will be the base for some new ideas that have come to my mind

I must confess that I have spent more time studying how to get realistic fly movements than coding :D:D Now I am a fly expert, ask me anything :)

Just test it please, report your fly experience if there are any issues, and rate it if you find it fun.:)

Attachments

• moscaicon3x.png
    moscaicon3x.png
    99 KB · Views: 8,050
Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
right, LWP's are behind the normal content I believe.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Jordi...
I'm having a MAJOR issue with your application...
It starts nicelly but after only a few seconds of fly moving on the screen, I get a "System.UI has stopped" error which, even after dismissing the error, keeps reocuring up to the point that the phone is useless.
Only after I reboot the phone it becomes usable again, until I try to run your application.
My phone is a wiko Lenny2

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Oops! Sorry for that o_O

Thanks for reporting. Perhaps the fly demo is stealing too much time from the system. Will look at it with care

Does it happen when you are throwing them or when they are moving freely?

_EDIT_: Please could you tell me if it also happens with this? There are no animations so the resource consumption is near to null here. Thanks!

Last edited:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Oops! Sorry for that o_O

Thanks for reporting. Perhaps the fly demo is stealing too much time from the system. Will look at it with care

Does it happen when you are throwing them or when they are moving freely?

_EDIT_: Please could you tell me if it also happens with this? There are no animations so the resource consumption is near to null here. Thanks!

Unfortunately It does behave in the exact same manner.
My phone runs the Stock Version ROM of Android 5.1
I get no crash report nor log entries concerning the crash.

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you again for the report

Sorry to bother you, but when you say "It does behave in the same exact manner" , are you refering to the same app without throwing the flies or to the link I added in the last line?

Will try to get a similar device and android version. It works with many models, but it is obvious that there are some details which I am missing.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I ment the drop-head example presents the same behaviour...

I will try to make a small video this evening so that you can see the behaviour by yourself.
I wonder if it has something to do with the images format as in the unfiltered logs I see a lot of entries regarding OGG files bring tried to play but no sound is produced. Also I remember seeing a "trying format ogg with level of confidence =0" entry in the logs

OBS. WIKO is a very well reputed French brand of entry level smartphone. Mine is somewhat in the middle range of their offer, which includes a decent performing dual-core, decent GPS chip, a fixed focus 5M rear cam and 1M front one.
I believe the processor chip to be a Mediatek MT6572...

Last edited:

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, in the ChatHead example, the sound can be completely removed, so it will be easy to isolate. I put an mp3 file (which soundpool should be able to play), but better use ogg. Or even better, in order to test if it is related to it, sound can be removed

About the image format, once it is created, in the ChatHead example I do nothing until there is user interaction.

Really appreciate your offer of the video, thanks for helping me finding what is happening (even if it hangs your phone :()

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I see.....thanks a lot!

Perhaps the app is doing too many things in that service, such as updating the multiple bitmaps and creating new ones on a small time basis. I think it will be difficult for me to reproduce it, but for sure I will try to.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Update: new version on Google Play with configurable parameters and different gifs to choose from. Changed thread and app name

--- UPDATED Version 1.2: (will take a while for Google Play to update the version) Now you can throw them onto the screen limits so that they will bounce and buzz :D ----

ThatĀ“s a REALLY FUNNY app! Congratulation... I just updated the app to the new one while talking to friens... I tried kicking a fly (funny!) against the wall and we must loud laughting...

Nice app. Thank you for this funny one :)

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Haha!! Thanks! I'm glad you liked it :D

Once I found the reason why it crashed in some phones (thanks to @Cableguy who helped me to find it) I decided to do this small upgrade (and put other insects instead of Christmas gifs) :)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I plan to share the code of the chathead wrapping (not the modifications to turn them into flies) in some days, possibly after new year :)

hi jordi, next year is already here :D

would love to see how you add those flies to the system main screen.
i would like to add a button to the main screen on a specific moment a button that is move able and i have no idea how to do it. :(

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for advising, time to celebrate it!!!:D

I did what I promised (share the chathead wrapper/example) ;) The code isn't what I would say "clean", but it wraps the java project with a working example.
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/chathead-wrapper-inline-java.62027/#post-391552

I have a nice project based on this, but unluckily it is stopped for some months since I have nearly no time for it

wow this is amazing !!

and sorry i did not knew you had already shared the code :)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This will be your most downloaded app!

@Daniel-White liked my this post (thank you) but I have not been a good seer, unfortunately (100-500 downloads).

Now I ask myself why. I would suggest you to try:

1) change something every week (little things, of course);
2) advertise your app.

Try 1) first, just to know if this "method" works.

Probably you will not become rich thanks to this app, but at least we will know if these actions are helpful.

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Luca, I would also like to see more downloads. But the main reason why this app will not make me rich is that it is free ;)

You are right. Appart of advertising, keeping the app "alive" with regular upgrades seems to be one of the factors that Google takes into account. I have plans to do it and also "clean" or finish other apps.

I am just waiting for a wide enough time-window that allows me to do it, but it never seems to come.... :confused:

Toky Olivier

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, This app is not in Play store anymore. I saw that many apps in +100 000 installs club also are like this. What is the reason(s)? I haven't deploy any app yet in play store, so that's why I ask. Thank you...

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, This app is not in Play store anymore.
That's right, Google removed this and other apps of mine since I didn't take any action regarding updating privacy policies and others when they requested it...In fact, as most of these apps were just for fun and also needed an update, I decided that it would be ok if they were out-of-the-market until I find the time for the updates, and then I'll publish them again.:)